MG-Rover.org Forums banner

Air filter change

4K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  smbMG 
#1 ·
Hello all! Want to change my air filter from the paper one to a cotton or foam. Don't fancy an induction kit as it's mega money to get a decent enclosed system but fancied getting a direct replacement from K&n or green (cotton choice) or pipercross (foam) anyone got any advice / experience of which is better. I've had pipercross before but can't decide and would like some help... pretty please.
On a different note anyone see the news about the five people jailed for life over the UK bomb plot?? I went to school with one of them, was in a few classes, and worked with him in 2 different jobs. He used to be a nice bloke and a good laugh what is the world coming too!!

#6 ·
I have a RAMair filter on my F, a little more induction noise from around 4k rpm (its a VVC) and an improvement in throttle response but no real feeling of power increase. Might feel better with a sports exhaust but my exhaust is standard so I cannot comment on this.

#7 ·
I have the pipercross filter in mine and TBH i did feel some improvement in power and noise for a couple of months.

However since i have relocated my air intake to the side vent this seems to have dropped off. can only assume that it's got dirty so i will clean it and see if it makes a difference.

I drove my OH's the weekend and hers seems to pick up more than mine at present which i can only put down to a new filter on a recent service. Hers is the same as mine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.