MG-Rover.org Forums banner

I just bought one!! ZT-T CDTI, things I love things I dont love...

2K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  mickygee 
#1 ·
Hi all,
I am a new member of this forum... I have had 7 rover group cars over the years and now on my 8th... I have just given up company cars in favour of my own dream car a 54 plate ZT-T CDTi in silver... its an ex Rover factory car with almost every extra.. leather trim, Zenon, criuse, trip, auto dip mirror, etc and under 10k on the clock... here are my first observations and things I love/hate..

1.Love... I have never in ever in 22 years of driving had car that can drive for over 600 miles on one tankfull of diesel!! I am genuinely astounded... my last tankfull ended today with an average of 54mpg showing on the trip computer.

2 Love...this is the first car in YEARS that I have actually enjoyed washing and polishing... even the neighbours think ive won the lottery.

2.5 Love.... it looks fantastic... it shimmers in the sun and looks like nothing else on the roads... everyone seems to take a second look when its parked in the offce car park.

3.Hate...the air con smell like pee. it drives me nuts, going to try and cure it this weekend with some Aircon fresh and a new cabin filter.

4. Hate....well dislike a little actually, the clutch is so damn heavy!! I got stuck in a 3hr jam on the M6 last week and my leg was litterally shaking with the effort of constant stop start clutch changes... this I cant cure.

will I get fed up with it? I think not.

See less See more
#3 ·
my van recently had a few clutch problems and eventualy blew, however once fixed it was as light as a feather but now when I drive the 75 it feels like im trying to stamp down on a slab of concrete by comparison, the clutch was only done 8000 miles ago....any cures out there?

#9 ·
I drove a Peugeot 807 hire car when in Spain last month and I was quite surprised to discover how heavy the clutch on the CDT was in comparison. As I was driving out of the car park at Gatwick, I was worried for a little while there was something wrong!

Otherwise, a great car.

#11 ·
968CSReading said:
Blimey.

I dont think I have ever seen over 500, even with a light foot. Well done that man.
Cheers dude......I have been commuting down the A50 towards the M1 for a couple of weeks and set the cruise at 65mph every day... instant read outs showed as high as 69mpg on the flat, I did hit the gas a couple of times so im expecting it to do better this week.... see if I can beat 611 miles !! the trip computer is a real boon when trying to find the most economical speed for this car, ironicaly the consumption at lower speeds, sub 55 were not as good, as low as 42 mpg.
J

#14 ·
On the subject of your a/c, mine smelt they same. I changed the pollen filter and purchased a can Comma Air Conditioner http://www.commaoil.com/ which corrected the problem

Effectively eliminates bacteria, fungi, moulds and viruses from the air conditioning system, which cause unpleasant odours, hay fever symptoms and other allergic reactions.
Deodourises upholstery and carpets to bring back that new car smell

Malcolm

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.