MG-Rover.org Forums banner

Fault Code

8K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Keith Alexander 
#1 ·
I have a Rover 75 2.0 CDT Tourer 2002. When connecting an ACR4 with Rover V4 pod, I get the fault code 3505. Does anyone know what it refers to?
Best Regards,
Aghadown.

#2 ·
To be honest, I don't have any records of the DDE 4.0 system going up that hign with the fault codes, so I suspect the ACR has plucked something spurious out there.

Has the ACR4 identified the system, or have you simply entered the vehicle details?

I assume it's showing the code & that it is an unknow fault!

Regards, Rob.

#3 ·
Can't find any details of it either. What is the fault?

The ACR4 usually comes up with the correct code as its what the ecu sends but often shows an incorrect interpretation. (fault code description)

This is down to Sykes Pickavant who show no interest when informed of such occurrences.

Ron

#4 ·
I have to say Ron, that until a few months ago I'd have agreed with you about Sykes not wanting to know.

But now they have been bought by Peter Coombes, they seem to have truned a corner. With new & additional products on board, particularly a Key Coding pod for the ACR4 & many new software additions to go on the MAP pod, they do seem to be making progress again, something that simply hadn't happened for several years whilst Facom owned them & didn't invest in SP.

It would certainly be worth Aghadown contacting SPSUPPORT.COM & they are normally quite helpful, they may be able to see what the ACR has interpreted there.

Hope this helps.

Regards, Rob.

#5 ·
Thanks for the replies. The ACR4 recognises DDE4. When I first connected the ACR4 it came up with 3 fault codes with descriptions, which were :-

0480 - Pedal demand sensor B.
0100 - Inlet air temperature sensor circuit.
3505 - Error code unknown.

0480 should be - Cooling fan 1 control circuit malfunction.
0100 - MAF.

The cooling fan had been replaced before I bought the car and I have replaced the Bosch Maf with one of Ron's Mafam's and Pierburg Maf.

I then cleared the codes but 3505 came back. I assume 0480 and 0100 were not cleared when the repairs were done as they have now been cleared. I have tried clearing the code again but 3505 still comes up as a fault.

Best Regards,
Aghadown.

#6 ·
3505 Fault Code

Hi,
as Rob suggested I contacted SP Support. I received an answer that said 3505 related to a glow plug warning lamp fault. The lamp comes on when it should and goes off after a few seconds, depending on temperature. The car starts on the button so I assume everthing is working as it should. Any idea's?

Best Regards,
Aghadown

#7 ·
They may have taken an guess or they may be warm but on the wrong track.
However take your glow plug relay out and take the cover off check to see if the contacts (4) are pitted, I have even seen a few that have completely burnt out and some that have fallen apart after getting wet

The ECU can log Glow plug Relay faults
The relays are quite cheap so no point wasting time cleaning a worn one if it is suspect.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.