MG-Rover.org Forums banner

Honda Accord and Rover 600 parts

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Rover_King 
#1 ·
Can anyone advise me whether I would be able to put a Honda Accord ABS brake compensator valve into my mothers Rover 600. It has just failed it's 1st MoT in 15yrs but may have to be scrapped if she cannot get the part required to pass the MoT. Her dealer seems to think it might anyone out there know for sure. Cheers

#2 ·
Get the right year and I don't see why not ............................... but if you approach Honda they will want a small fortune. I asked the local dealers part dept today about the slider pins for the rear calipers......................... 4 pins £104 + Vat.

So be prepared for the shock.

Time to search the web

#3 ·
can you take a photo of the part?

I think the abs pump suppler changed mid way through the rover 600 production for the ABS pump so you will need to get the right one.
The Honda Accord UK built car between 1993 and 1996 will almost certaining use the same item but may change supplier aswell.

I've not known one to ever fail before, tbh I would fit a used replacement one.
Alot of rover 600s being broke on ebay worth asking the sellers for a price.

Its a generic part and often fitted to other brands. I think the one in my 1996 620ti is a BOSCH item which was the same in a friends renault 19 16v if I remeber.

#4 ·
Please don't scrap the car over a replacable part. Generally you can get most parts for Rover's, but as said the brake compensator valve hardly ever goes wrong. Infact I have never known one to fail. What is wrong with it, leaking or broken or what?

Have a look on Rimmer Brothers. Phone them up. Also speak to Honda aswell.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.