MG-Rover.org Forums banner

just bought my self a MG ZR+105. cheap tuning?

6K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Shammy 
#1 ·
hi like i said iv just got my self a MG ZR+105, and i was wondering what i could buy to improve the performance thats not going to break the bank?

thank you for any help you could give me it would be much Appreciated.

Gazz

#5 ·
I have a ZR 105, and my K&N panel filter gave me just over 950bhp and not far off 750 lbft of torque, link to dyno graph below :p
http://www.eatonenterprises.com/images/555-dartpro1cnc-dyno-graph.jpg

Nah, as others said,not really much you can do with the 1.4, cone filters reduce power but increase noise, straight through exhausts dont really boost power, but do boost noise.

So to sum up, you can make the noise more powerful, but not the engine.

and......
:nopics:

also......
:welcome:

#10 · (Edited)
As it would cost you around £200 for a decent one, and gain about 2bhp on that engine, and end up with you drinking the juice, you have to consider is it worth it??? to get any noticable gain you'd need to pair it up with a full system, de-cat and manifold, then should give it an extra kick, but dont expect much change from a thousand pound...

#11 ·
ive read about closed induction kit would that be worth looking at?
If you get it 2nd hand then it would mabye be worth it. It depends on yourself really. You can get a pipercross viper enclosed induction for about £80ish on ebay, which I would do if I wanted some more power. A few people have done it and said they can tell a difference, albeit small, but it makes the car feel a bit more torquey at higher revs i'm led to believe.

Also its suppsed to give off a nice noise.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.