MG-Rover.org Forums banner

electric windows - R25 Impression

1K views 14 replies 4 participants last post by  b21playa 
#1 ·
im going to see a rover 25 impression at the local auctions 2moro but i dont think it comes with electric windows or maybe even central locking

how hard is this to install, please take into account, it may not have electric sunroof either

please post asap and i need to know ffor 2moro

#3 ·
technozen said:
Not difficult.

The trick is to get the original lock motors and window mechanisms. Not sure if the wiring loom is present on the 25, if not you don't need the complete loom, just the various connectors and then use your own sourced cable.
ok

looking at parkers shud have remote central locking but electric sunroof wa an option and doesnt mention electric windows so i pressume it doesnt have them.

how do you get the wires thru the doo to the body?

#4 ·
The lock motors on the front doors of the 25 are integral to the latch. Probaly cheaper and less hassle to get the aftermarket actuators form Maplin. Also, if I "expected" CDlLand electric windows and the salesman was all exited until I find that they are not present, I am sure the salesman would offer further "inducements" to clinch the sale.

#7 ·
technozen said:
Far easier to replace the bare locks with the full OE part, having suffered faulty aftermarket motors I replaced them all with original parts.
ok looks like central locking wont be the problem, just the electric windows

mainly how the wires will go from the door thru to the A post.

i can make my own wiring loom i suppose using connectors when i get motors from scrappies and same again for the main control unit and switches.

at the end of the day all it needs is power, ground and a switch (i know its prob not as simple)

So can i just push the wires thru the rubber grommet or not?

#15 ·
cheungy said:
loom for the elec windows was in there when i did mine!
did yours have electric sunroof, as i heard that if you do the loom is present but i dont think the one i am after has an electric sunroof

i want to keep the conversion fully OE if i get the car with OE mechanisms and switches, dont really care for the one-touch, main thing would be to have the windows electric.

would prob need new dorr cards as well

so parts sud be :

2 x electric window mechanisms with all connectors
1 x switch unit
2 x door cards
custom loom

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.