MG-Rover.org Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

FRM 6th September 2014 - Main thread, Sign up Here!!!

32K views 238 replies 66 participants last post by  Masterbateson 
#1 · (Edited)
So we appear to be rolling with :clap: :clap: :clap: FRM :clap: :clap: :clap:
The Ian McCulloch aka Touchstone memorial run

The Date is Saturday Sept 6th time to be confirmed, location is to be confirmed but at present is The Urmston Retail park.

Trafford Park
Urmston
Manchester
M41 7FN
This is off Jnc 10 and is the opposite side to the trafford centre.

The Charity that Ians family supported and we will be raising for this year is

The Royal Brompton & Harefield Hospitals Charity.

I've cut and pasted the list of Attendees from the last thread, so if you are looking to join the Meet, drop me a line via this thread to be added.

Could any Members also associated with MGOC or MGCC, the Tbar or any other related club please post on their sites with an invite to join and maybe put a link on, to this thread.
Also if anyone has access to any newspapers/magazines,tv, radio or other media people, maybe see if they would be willing to plug the event closer to the time.
It is for charity of course. ;)

1. Dieseldestroyer and supercar
2. Fil3638
3. Will Dig
4. RichandPaula
5. Masterbateson
6. cjmillsnun
7. Pendlelass
8. philclemo
9. uptheantiuk
10.mauricei
11. mindy
12. Birks
13. Patriot 66
14. McPherson
15. Lisa19
16. mr and missus millionaire
17. Wobble (poss)
18. c13aja
19. beetlefan
20. sniperpenguin
21. steviem30
22. Katrew
23. IantoWright
24. Mr Andy Watson
25. SNA400 (poss)
26. green53
27. steve51800
28. Adrianvvc(poss)
29. mw101
30. mg02kat
31. denTTony
32. Nutjob
33. Midlife martyr
34. Fursty Ferret
35. consettphil
36. lee121
37. Ladyblue
38. Bosworthian
39. Nyle
40. mikeb79
41. ROVER-25X and Chrissy-25X
42. Richard858
43. Andythetyreman
44. Whitwell.Mike
45. AndyNickJenkins (co pilot) kim
46. Freestyle+co
47. richard_ablitt
48. Mellors
49. Squeegee
50. GUS6
51. G0MRL
52. philmgf
53. pacton17
54. CJJ
55. Acarvic
56. Total Package
57. JediForce
58. colinjmatt
59. Scott the singing bush
60. leewalkergm (definitely maybe)
61. ltbond66
62. jamescolbeck
63. Baby Girl
64. pqd44

Here is the Proposed route

quick search for hotels revealed these results, the travel lodge m62 manchester birch is going to be a good option
http://www.travelodge.co.uk/search_...8=0&adults_9=1&children_9=0&search=Find+rooms

these halls of residence rooms seem like a great idea as they are very close to town centre for a lash up
http://www.booking.com/hotel/gb/wes...c323f3c1a5ad8f426e8524a88X3;hide_back_to_sr=1

or
http://www.booking.com/hotel/gb/yha...c323f3c1a5ad8f426e8524a88X7;hide_back_to_sr=1

BTW folks this is a MGTF and MGF event.

See less See more
#5 ·
Hi

Can you put me as a possible - I might be back up and running by then, and if the charity turns out to be Macmillans all the better as they helped our family when I lost my dad to lung cancer, but no matter what charity it is it will be a great run.

Simon

#16 ·
So we appear to be rolling with :clap: :clap: :clap: FRM :clap: :clap: :clap:
The Ian McCulloch aka Touchstone memorial run

The Date is Saturday Sept 6th time to be confirmed, location is to be confirmed but at present is The Urmston Retail park.

Trafford Park
Urmston
Manchester
M41 7FN
This is off Jnc 10 and is the opposite side to the trafford centre.

I've cut and pasted the list of Attendees from the last thread, so if you are looking to join the Convoy drop me a line via this thread to be added.

Could any Members also associated with MGOC or MGCC, the Tbar ao any other related club please post on their sites with an invite to join and maybe put a link on, to this thread.
Also if anyone has access to any newspapers/magazines,tv, radio or other media people, maybe see if they would be willing to plug the event closer to the time.
It is for charity of course. ;)

1. Dieseldestroyer and supercar
2. Fil3638
3. Will Dig
4. RichandPaula
5. Masterbateson
6. cjmillsnun
7. Pendlelass
8. philclemo
9. uptheantiuk
10.mauricei
11. mindy
12. Birks
13. Patriot 66
14. McPherson
15. Lisa19
16. mr and missus millionaire
17. Wobble (poss)
18. c13aja
19. beetlefan
20. sniperpenguin
21. steviem30
22. Katrew
23. IantoWright
24. Mr Andy Watson
25. SNA400 (poss)
26. green53
27. steve51800

Here is the Proposed route
Hi there, many thanks for this made everyone's day in the mcculloch household what a wonderful gesture. still got Ians mg but put the feelers out to sell but if not sold by sept you can put me down, if the mg has gone am I ok to come I'm my own car?
Again super idea can't wait.

Regards Andy aka Ian's son in law

#23 · (Edited)
We're about 20 mins drive from the meet point.
Your quite welcome to leave smurf hat in our garage on the way and drive up with us if you like?

Edit: Shouldn't this be made a sticky now?
:dunno:

Edit 2: Posted over on F-Reg:
General Chat = http://www.mgfregister.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=17026
North West = http://www.mgfregister.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=39&p=128032#p128032

And on T-Bar:
Events = http://www.the-t-bar.com/forum/14-event-discussions/90977-new-big-meet-run-for-2014#138910

Once the details are finalized, the newspapers / radio / television shall be hit too.

Lets get this rolling...

#26 ·
Andy / Dreamweaver you will be welcome in any vehicle of your choice as is anyone of Ians family.
And as you will have seen Maggie and phil and a good few others would be happy to have you as a passenger, if you need.

I dont see why it has too be Topless DD :dunno: as a past hardtop owner I have no prejudice that way.
I can't however, protect you from any of the doubtless forthcoming ribbing you will receive, i know i used to get it on runs if I dared to venture out with the hardtop on :lol:

I don't know how to make a sticky, and frankly if i did I wouldn't own up too it :lol:

Might be worth putting a welcome email together
Like? :dunno:
Feel free to chip in and contribute Sniper if you have any ideas.

#27 ·
BTW,
I had a pm saying that apparently the travel lodges and other usual cheap hotels £29.00 ish are in fact a fair bit dearer around manchester.

If a few of us could do some trawling through some sites, we may be able to find some more affordable accomodation.

And even better if yo ulive on or around the route and fancy playing at being the hotel inspector, you could go and look at some of the rooms and what facilities there are (as in a Bar!)

Be great if we can find somewhere affordable that had a conference/party room, get the tunes on etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.