Fitting a CD player. - MG-Rover.org Forums

Go Back   MG-Rover.org Forums > Model Specific Forums > MG ZT / Rover 75 (Sponsored by Rimmer Bros)

Old 25-06-2006, 11:08   #1
fevsisere

Car: Rolls Royce Phantom
Question Fitting a CD player.

Got my 75 club se yesterday and found it only has a radio/tape player.Did this spec only come with this fitted?Anyhow can you get a normal CD player to fit in this space and can you get an adaptor plate?
fevsisere is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 25-06-2006, 11:32   #2
mario1979 (Vinny)

Car: Rover 220 GSi Turbo, Rover 200 BRM, Rover 420 GSi Turbo
You need fascia adapter from halfords. To remove old headunit under the woden.plastic flappy bit at top of headunit is two screws right under neath the plastic these undo, and a piece kinda drops out. then full the plastic bit out and and then use headunit removal tools to remove headunit, youll also need the bmw to iso adapter as your car has bmw wiring harness
mario1979 (Vinny) is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 25-06-2006, 16:40   #3
Alex30013k

Car: Rover 75
Send a message via MSN to Alex30013k
Quote:
Originally Posted by mario1979 (Vinny)
You need fascia adapter from halfords. To remove old headunit under the woden.plastic flappy bit at top of headunit is two screws right under neath the plastic these undo, and a piece kinda drops out. then full the plastic bit out and and then use headunit removal tools to remove headunit, youll also need the bmw to iso adapter as your car has bmw wiring harness
The Halfords fascia adapter dont looks very nice, you can buy the OEM Rover one from the on line shop or from rover! And its cheaper than Halfords.
Alex30013k is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 25-06-2006, 16:48   #4
MikeM

Car: Rover 75 V8
Or you can just fit a cd changer in the glove box/boot to run on your existing head unit

Mike
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 25-06-2006, 20:23   #5
adysiflori

Car: 75 club se cdti
I have a club se cdti, mine also came with a cassette player. I bought a rover/mg radio/cd player off ebay. £27. it was a straight swap and everything works even the remote controls on the steering wheel. took about 20 minutes to swap over. dead easy
adysiflori is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-10-2006, 20:49   #6
goonerjohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by adysiflori View Post
I have a club se cdti, mine also came with a cassette player. I bought a rover/mg radio/cd player off ebay. £27. it was a straight swap and everything works even the remote controls on the steering wheel. took about 20 minutes to swap over. dead easy
what was the model was the cd player, i want to do the same thing.
goonerjohn is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 13-10-2006, 11:23   #7
Hawkeye

Hi. I've just brought one off e-bay but cost £50 (new) great sound and easy to fit. That was a Rover cd 80.

Kev
Hawkeye is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 13-10-2006, 15:30   #8
Johndotcom

Car: Rover 75 2005 CDTi 170BHP Tourer Auto Conn SE. ReMap & Synergy, Spring Mod, EGR, Air Intake Mod MK2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
Hi. I've just brought one off e-bay but cost £50 (new) great sound and easy to fit. That was a Rover cd 80.

Kev
Hi I have a Unused, New (unboxed) other than for checking all working fine, not been in Car, CD80 I purchased for my 600 but to much wiring to alter so its now in "Storage" If your Interested £55 Inc P&P. PM me or its going on EBay!
Johndotcom is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 14-10-2006, 19:13   #9
The Commander

Car: Rover 75 Tourer
I have purchased a new CD80 on E-bay and intend to swap one for one. Anyone know how to remove the old one and fit the new? Do I need special tools or anything? grateful for any advice.

Rgds,

TC
The Commander is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 14-10-2006, 21:02   #10
lovel
T4 Diagnostics

Car: R40, P6, Jewel, CB40, Imp, R56
Garages
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Commander View Post
I have purchased a new CD80 on E-bay and intend to swap one for one. Anyone know how to remove the old one and fit the new? Do I need special tools or anything? grateful for any advice.

Rgds,

TC
There are two ways to remove the head unit.

1. The easiest way without any special tools is to remove the wooden eyebrow above the head unit by prising out the black plastic cover underneath the eyebrow, and removing two phillips screws. Removing the eyebrow will expose a further two phillips screws which hold the black plastic assembly that houses the CD head unit. Careful not to lose these screws down the side of the console. Put a dab of slicon grease on the screwdriver to avoid dropping the screws.
Lift the plastic assembly including CD head unit up slightly 1/16" or so away from the AC display panel and pull the complete assy out, be careful not to catch the lugs and break them at the top as you pull it out of the binacle.

2. Two slits in the side of the head unit once the cover of the head unit open are visible, approx 1/32" wide by 5/16" high, insert a piece of steel in each side approx 3/4" deep and slide assy out. You might need speacila tools to do this unless you have access to sheet steel or something similar.
lovel is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 14-10-2006, 21:20   #11
The Commander

Car: Rover 75 Tourer
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovel View Post
There are two ways to remove the head unit.

1. The easiest way without any special tools is to remove the wooden eyebrow above the head unit by prising out the black plastic cover underneath the eyebrow, and removing two phillips screws. Removing the eyebrow will expose a further two phillips screws which hold the black plastic assembly that houses the CD head unit. Careful not to lose these screws down the side of the console. Put a dab of slicon grease on the screwdriver to avoid dropping the screws.
Lift the plastic assembly including CD head unit up slightly 1/16" or so away from the AC display panel and pull the complete assy out, be careful not to catch the lugs and break them at the top as you pull it out of the binacle.

2. Two slits in the side of the head unit once the cover of the head unit open are visible, approx 1/32" wide by 5/16" high, insert a piece of steel in each side approx 3/4" deep and slide assy out. You might need speacila tools to do this unless you have access to sheet steel or something similar.
Thank you very much indeed for your help.

Rgds,

TC
The Commander is offline   Reply With Quote