How do I replace a Rover 75 cigar lighter socket? - MG-Rover.org Forums

Go Back   MG-Rover.org Forums > Model Specific Forums > MG ZT / Rover 75 (Sponsored by Rimmer Bros)

Old 17-08-2006, 21:21   #1
Commodore

Car: Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE
Send a message via AIM to Commodore Send a message via MSN to Commodore Send a message via Skype™ to Commodore
How do I replace a Rover 75 cigar lighter socket?

Hi

The previous owner of my 75 was a smoker, and used the cigar lighter socket regularly to light their cigarettes/cigars. As such, both lighter and socket are now very manky.

As I don't smoke, I have no need for the lighter capabilities, and will only be using the socket for plugging in phone/Sat Nav charger cables, and so have bought the proper MG Rover dashboard accessory power socket to replace the now manky cigar lighter socket.

Does anyone know how the hell I get the socket out of its hole without breaking anything? Also, are the power cables soldered to it or do they plug on?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
Chris
Commodore is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 18-08-2006, 19:17   #2
Commodore

Car: Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE
Send a message via AIM to Commodore Send a message via MSN to Commodore Send a message via Skype™ to Commodore
Any ideas? Anyone?
Commodore is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 18-08-2006, 19:39   #3
Alex30013k

Car: Rover 75
Send a message via MSN to Alex30013k
You need take out the Air con. 4 screws under face plate - Face plate just clips off!

Pull any wires you have going to buttons - Heated seats etc

Then on the wooden bit there are is a clip on each side near the top, push this in and pull the top of the wood part towards to back of the car!

You will be able to pull the wooden bit out a bit but the wires going to cig lighter are stuck on tight on little clips, you need to get your hand down the back to undo them!

Getting the lighter out its self is very hard as there is no space to do any thing! I just about changed the bulb!

Best of luck!
Alex30013k is offline   Reply With Quote