Rover 75 - Reversing light switch. - MG-Rover.org Forums

Go Back   MG-Rover.org Forums > Model Specific Forums > MG ZT / Rover 75 (Sponsored by Rimmer Bros)

Old 11-11-2006, 01:47   #1
Phree

Car: Rover 75 Tourer
Rover 75 - Reversing light switch.

Hi all,

my reversing lights don't come on when reverse gear is selected. So...On night shift, nothing much to do, bright private underground car park. I figured I'd go and sort it using the excellent guides posted on here. Jacked up the car, nearside wheel off, found the switch, pulled the connector and wire out of the switch. That's as far as I got! I can't see anyway of getting the actual switch off - will a 19mm ring spanner really do the job?! It was one of the things I didn't bring to work with me - thought I'd get one out of our engineers workshop but can't find one in there. Is the ring spanner easiest or would a 19mm deep socket be easier?

Cheers to all
Phree is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2006, 10:38   #2
mjt

Car: '99 75 Club SE 2L V6
There isn't much room (lengthwise) to get a long socket in, you probably won't get a handle on it, but it would help in unscrewing the switch once you've loosened it with a 19mm ring. There is just enough room to use a ring half-a-flat at a time.

HTH

mjt
mjt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2006, 12:01   #3
Phree

Car: Rover 75 Tourer
Cheers mjt, I think I'll get myself locked away in my garage this afternoon and give it another bash...I reckon it just might take me the duration of the Pompey game on the radio to complete!!

EDIT: Job done! Thanks again mjt, worked a treat. Lights working great now.

Last edited by Phree; 11-11-2006 at 14:06.
Phree is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2006, 19:54   #4
Dr Dave
Administrator

Car: 2006 330d M Sport
Garages
haha good stuff - 19mm combination spanner works a treat. Ring spanner might be just too 'cranked' for access.
Dr Dave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message