New Owners Club - Club R8 - the club for Rover 200 and 400 Owners. - MG-Rover.org Forums

Go Back   MG-Rover.org Forums > General Motoring Chat > MG / Rover Related Chat - up to 2005

Old 13-11-2006, 09:38   #1
Skatiechik

Car: Rover 220 GTi Turbo
Send a message via MSN to Skatiechik Send a message via Yahoo to Skatiechik
New Owners Club - Club R8 - Rover 200 and 400 Owners Club

First up a big thanks to Steve for letting me post this up.

Following press release below is currently being sent out to a number of places/magazines, etc

Quote:

RECENTLY launched online at www.rover200.org.uk is the Rover 200Mk2 and 400 Mk1 Owners Club. The club is dedicated to the preservation and enjoyment of these vehicles.
The website is dedicated to providing a complete online resource for the Rover 200 and 400 produced from 1989-1999. Information is being added daily, and aims to provide a comprehensive history and information on the vehicles. The website also includes free classified advertising and a community forum where technical advice can be sought and knowledge shared.
The community forum hopes to provide an important meeting place of like-minded enthusiasts where a wide range of technical advice can be sought and knowledge shared. It can also provide a focus for organising meetings and shows. Sources of spares parts will also be easier to arrange and ensure their continuity with the backing of an owners club.
Membership is currently free, and the club is currently looking for more people to come onboard and become involved with the day to day running be that providing more information for the development of the website, technical advice or organising events.
For more information then please visit www.rover200.org.uk
About time there was a proper owners club oldest 200Mk2 is 17 years old now. They aren't getting any younger, and hopefully with the early start of an owners club which encompasses all models, then when parts/cars do start to get scarce there will be suitable backing to do something about it and help people out.

Club R8- the club for Rover 200 and 400 Owners

Last edited by Skatiechik; 05-12-2006 at 11:59.
Skatiechik is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 13-11-2006, 14:25   #2
boxwellm

Car: MG ZS, G-Wiz, Mitsubishi i-MiEV
Great news! Well done.

I have always liked the look of the R8 cars, they still look modern today. It is good to see that they still have a following today.
boxwellm is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 13-11-2006, 14:27   #3
empsburna

Car: Other Manufacturer
nice one.
empsburna is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 13-11-2006, 19:41   #4
Skatiechik

Cheers folks, I am busy adding more content and history to the website as and when time allows. I have been loaned a shed loads of brochures so expect more information to go up soon as and when my spare times allows.

Hopefully in time it will develop into a more traditional owners club as membership grows. For the moment it is internet based.

It is always the members which make a club sucessful though, so if you are enthusiastic about the R8 then check it out

Old 13-11-2006, 19:55   #5
Lord Minty

Car: Rover 75
Good luck with the club for R8s!

I've very fond memories of my ultra reliable '92 R8 214Si - a brilliant car that gave me 13 years of superb service and classy motoring
Lord Minty is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 13-11-2006, 20:54   #6
StreetBoy

Car: 1994 Rover 218 td (R8)
Nice one, might come in useful as i attempt to get mine on the road.
StreetBoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 13-11-2006, 22:51   #7
Rovernut

Car: 75 and 416 Tourers, Cabby 1.6
I'm in!

Just love my Cabby and R8 Tourer.

Well done

Chris
Rovernut is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 13-11-2006, 23:30   #8
ChrisCoupe

Car: Rover 200 Coupe
uhoh, looks like i've found another forum to persuade me to throw money at the coop!!
ChrisCoupe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 14-11-2006, 15:58   #9
Skatiechik

I know what you mean I am always wanting to spend money on my hatch

Old 05-12-2006, 12:01   #10
Skatiechik

I have recently added a form to the site where you can register interest for an annual membership.

More details found here :

http://www.rover200.org.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=89

Old 05-12-2006, 13:13   #11
dentricrio

Car: R75, 9-3
Its suprising how well they have aged especially the last one like the estate and coupe versions.
dentricrio is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-12-2006, 21:20   #12
Dat_Man

Car: Rover 200 (-95)
I hope to get a Rover Coupe after I finish Uni rather than a new Car, keep my GTi aswell, just sad to think though one day there will be a small amount of R8's on the road.......infact one day maybe 25 years from now there will be little Rovers on the Road unless Ford/ PAG resurrect it.
Dat_Man is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-12-2006, 11:50   #13
Skatiechik

Hopefully there will be a few 200/400 left, just need the core enthusiast movement and the help of the club to make them stay on the road longer

Old 09-12-2006, 16:26   #14
James Riley

Car: Austin miniMetro 1.3 Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by dentricrio View Post
Its suprising how well they have aged especially the last one like the estate and coupe versions.
ALways liked the R8, such a "right" car when launched, so much better than anything offered by Ford or Vauxhall.

But for me it's also the saddest Rover car, because it was the last car that saw Rover back at the top, good car, good looking, advanced, popular, excellent press reviews, good sales etc etc. Everytime I see one I remember just what Rover had at the time and how they systematically failed to capitalise on the huge success of the R8 ever since. Such a shame, to think that any manufacturer today could capture such a strong position and then throw it away is almost unthinkable. Even R3, which was an R8 derivative, had such potential, great car, great looking etc etc but failed by it's maker to market it properly, in my mind the R3 should have been even more successfull than the R8 before it.
James Riley is offline   Reply With Quote