Photo/ diagram IN tank fuel pump - MG-Rover.org Forums

Go Back   MG-Rover.org Forums > Model Specific Forums > MG ZT / Rover 75 (Sponsored by Rimmer Bros)

Old 29-05-2008, 11:21   #1
champagnecharly

Car: Rover 75 Tourer
Photo/ diagram IN tank fuel pump

Has anybody got a photo/ diagram of how the in tank fuel pump should be installed?

I replaced mine a few weeks back and starting/ stalling probs got gradually worse.

When I checked the other day it seemed to have dislodged itself after moving it again it was fine..

Filled up today and then it wouldnt start. Took 15 mins to get her going then ok but I guess that the prob is that it has become dislosged again.

Would apreciate any photos/ diagrams..

Thanks
champagnecharly is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 29-05-2008, 11:51   #2
Isis

Car: Moonstone Green Rover 75 CDT Tourer Conn SE with Upsolute remap and Synergy 2
I've got no pics or diagrams and unfortunately I threw way the old pump adapter, but fom memory, the adapter has some sloped shoulders on one side. The adapter fits in a rectangular tray that runs the length of the car with the sloped shoulders facing down. There is a metal "spring" that holds the adapter snugly in place.
Isis is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 29-05-2008, 13:54   #3
kelvin

Car: ZT-T CDTI, MGB and OH's ZT-T CDTI..
About two thirds of the way down this page.

http://www.tuning-diesels.com/75Zt/R75serv.htm
kelvin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 29-05-2008, 14:16   #4
champagnecharly

Hi thanks, I'll have another look for the "tray" going the length of the car when it stops raining.. Although when I first fitted it that was what I had been searching for (thanks to a previous post of yours Isis.)

Thanks Kelvin, unfortunately what i need is a diagram of sits inside the tank. not of the thing itself.

Iisi... You mentionend just the adapter and the pump.. By Pump do you mean the pump body or the pump and its palstic casing?

Or

is the adapter the plastic around the pump?

The metal wire (that is NOT the floater) is attached to a 3rd part. Where does that go? Or is that the adapter that you are reffereing to?

1)Pump
2)Pump plastic casing/ container)
3)Other plastic thing (currently detached from both 1 + 2)

Theres only One way that 2 can fit (because of the fitting at the top of the tanks.. but 3 is where i have come unstuck. Is it that that should fit in the tray. Also should 2+3 be attached (with soemthing other than hoses of course) ?

Thanks

Old 29-05-2008, 18:46   #5
Isis

Car: Moonstone Green Rover 75 CDT Tourer Conn SE with Upsolute remap and Synergy 2
The whole pump assembly is the pump/filter housing which is attached by a flexible pipe to the pump adapter, which is a kind of rectagonal skeletal looking thing in white. It is this adapter that fits into the bottom of the tank, the pump is held in place by the ring at the top of the tank.

The pics on Ron's page don't show the part in question, just the pump and the filter housing.
Isis is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-06-2008, 08:44   #6
champagnecharly

Thanks Pete. Still havent got around to refixing it but all is working although guage is reading wrongly.

Willl take some internal photos when I do.

Thanks