how do I Programming replacement key for 2004 model Rover 75 TOURER - MG-Rover.org Forums

Go Back   MG-Rover.org Forums > Model Specific Forums > MG ZT / Rover 75 (Sponsored by Rimmer Bros)

Old 27-06-2008, 08:05   #1
scuba06

Car: Rover 75
how do I Programming replacement key for 2004 model Rover 75 TOURER

I've just received my new replacement spare key for my 2004 Rover 75 CDTI Tourer (I only got one key when I bought the vehicle recently). But ı dont have barcode number for the key and EKA for my car. I was asking the rover service in my country but they told me needs at least EKA four digits number for my car but I am the second user for this car and the first user lost the card of EKA. anybody help me if I tell chase number for my rover75?

my chase number is: *removed for security reasons*

I'm sure I've seen how to do this somewhere, but for the life of me can't find instructions now, and a search of this site didn't produce the goods. Can someone tell me step by step what to do?

thankss

Last edited by cjmillsnun; 27-06-2008 at 09:39. Reason: removed VIN number
scuba06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 27-06-2008, 09:43   #2
cjmillsnun

Car: MGF Trophy 160 in Trophy Yellow
Send a message via MSN to cjmillsnun
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba06 View Post
I've just received my new replacement spare key for my 2004 Rover 75 CDTI Tourer (I only got one key when I bought the vehicle recently). But ı dont have barcode number for the key and EKA for my car. I was asking the rover service in my country but they told me needs at least EKA four digits number for my car but I am the second user for this car and the first user lost the card of EKA. anybody help me if I tell chase number for my rover75?

my chase number is: *removed for security reasons*

I'm sure I've seen how to do this somewhere, but for the life of me can't find instructions now, and a search of this site didn't produce the goods. Can someone tell me step by step what to do?

thankss
Are you sure this was a new key? They come with barcode attached and cut for the car. If you bought a second hand key from eBay then you are scuppered as it is useless. You may as well just throw it in the bin.

There is no EKA on the Rover 75 or MG ZT the system uses the BMW EWSIII which only works from the transponder chip in the key. The transponder chip is pre programmed for the car by BMW before the key is sent to the Rover agent with the barcode for the remote part to be coded to the BCU of the car.
cjmillsnun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 27-06-2008, 18:09   #3
scuba06

Car: Rover 75
Thanks cjmillsnun

yes you are right my key is not brand new it is my less english foult, I took that key from my brother he has 2 more rover 75 and more enough key for them and I take it one of it and try to use for my car, as an result ı can understant your writing if ı dont have an barcode for the key I dont have an chance to use it for my car isnt it, than I need to find key with barcode on ebay, I hope it will solve my problem

many thankss
scuba06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 27-06-2008, 18:33   #4
cjmillsnun

Car: MGF Trophy 160 in Trophy Yellow
Send a message via MSN to cjmillsnun
Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba06 View Post
Thanks cjmillsnun

yes you are right my key is not brand new it is my less english foult, I took that key from my brother he has 2 more rover 75 and more enough key for them and I take it one of it and try to use for my car, as an result ı can understant your writing if ı dont have an barcode for the key I dont have an chance to use it for my car isnt it, than I need to find key with barcode on ebay, I hope it will solve my problem

many thankss
No you need to order a new key!

otherwise the key can only be used with the remote fob to unlock and lock the car. To use the key to start the car you need a key that is specific to your car.
cjmillsnun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 27-06-2008, 18:36   #5
NickTL
Supporter

Car: MG6 Magnette TSE
The transponder chip in the key is a pretty standard type made my philips I believe. Most high street key cutting/coding shops should be able to read your ignition key then programme the imformation to your new key and cut it using your own key as a pattern for about 20.00. Will be OK to start your car and open the doors using the key but you won't be able to use remote.

Nick.
NickTL is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message