MG-Rover.org Forums banner

Rover 25 radio code problem

33K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  Krazykonk 
#1 ·
Hi I have a 2003 Rover 25, recently I had to have the clutch cable repaired and during the repair the battery was disconnected. Now I can’t use my car radio. On turning it on it asks for the code. I know what the code is but I don’t know how to input it. My car manual has instructions for a different type of radio and says that I have to store the number with a button that I don’t have on my radio model.

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f325/slugga65/radio.jpg

I’ve include a picture of my radio, does anyone know how to input the code number on this thing?
Thanks in advance
Matt

#2 ·
Hi mate,

I have the same cd palyer in my 25 here is what you do.

Switch on the radio (CODE ----appears on the screen).

Press pre-set button 1 until the first digit of the security code
appears on the screen.

Press pre-set button 2 to select the second digit of the code.

Press pre-set button 3 to select the third digit of the code.

Press pre-set button 4 to select the fourth digit of the code.

The display should now show all 4 of the security code digits.

To confirm the security code you need to press and hold the right tuning button for a few seconds( < m (>) this button next to the 'M' underneath the push on/off/volume control).

All been well the radio should now work. If you enter the code three times and it will not start then you are doing something wrong and it will go into a safe 'delay' period for one hour, in this time the radio display will show (CODE WAIT) DO NOT SWITCH OFF! Wait an hour and the (CODE----) will appear and you can try again.

Hope it helps.

Si:)
I DRIVE A...
If I have helped...got any spare rep mate?

#9 ·
radio code

Hi

9080 is the correct code for your radio the instructions how to input the code are:

Code Entry as Follows:

Switch Radio On - Display Shows
" CODE - - - - "
Press preset " 1 " repeatedly for 1st Digit
Press preset " 2 " repeatedly for 2nd Digit
Press preset " 3 " repeatedly for 3rd Digit
Press preset " 4 " repeatedly for 4th Digit
If the correct code number is now shown
Press Tuning Up Button " > " To Enter

#10 ·
Hi.i've got the same problem.i bought my rover 25 (w reg) 2 and half years ago.i got my code by paying on some website a week later,and since 2 days ago was no problem.i removed my battery couple of times and then was no problem to put the code and start the radio.and 2 days ago i change my battery with new,i tried the same procedure but -just showing me - code wait.i red in here to keep the power on for a hour and when shows me the dashes i tried again,but after 3rd attempt - again - code wait.first time when i tried i just pressed the right button next to M for a part of the second - and nothing,then i checked again in the forum and i saw that i have to keep the button for couple of second.i did that - but the dashes just start flashing,and after the 3rd attempt - code wait.i will be happy if someone can help to me.
I will post my radio details

XQE 100 370
BP9262 X 1271464
FD419 INDEX 04

the code that i've got is 4712

thank you in advance

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.