MG ZT Camber on front wheels - MG-Rover.org Forums

Go Back   MG-Rover.org Forums > Model Specific Forums > MG ZT / Rover 75 (Sponsored by Rimmer Bros)

Old 02-04-2010, 23:08   #1
matt_tdv6
Supporter

Car: MG Express (Van)
MG ZT Camber on front wheels

I have a MK2 ZT CDTi which seems to have alot of camber on the front wheels

Is this normal as there doesnt seem to be any adjustment

I have the standard 18" alloys fitted and the clearance between tyre & strut isnt much either

Are all ZT's like this as this is the first i have owned
matt_tdv6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2010, 00:04   #2
T-Cut

Car: 2004 Facelift 75 Connoisseur 1.8 turbo with DD Pack. And remember, the troof is out there.
Only the front and rear wheel toe is adjustable. The camber is set by the design of the suspension. Here are the specs.

The tyre/strut clearance is small, especially in cars fitted with wider rims. The rims used should always be within the limits set down in the Handbook.

EDIT: I have yet to figure out how the differences between the 75 and ZT specs are reconciled by the fact that all the suspension parts are the same. Some parameters are clearly affected by a variation in toe setting, but I'd like someone to explain it fully.

TC
T-Cut is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-04-2010, 10:34   #3
ts autos
Trader Supporter

Garages
Not all suspension parts are all the same they differ in lower arm bushes, subframe bushes, antiroll bar thickness, spring strength and ride height, and omission of rear anti rollbar on some models
TS Autos - I do everything apart from paint and bodywork, I excel in trim, mechanical and electrical faults on all models, but know ZT/75's every nut and bolt quite literally. Please PM me if you need a part or work doing to your car! location as requested Midlands Area DY8 1XQ
www.tsautos.com
ts autos is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-04-2010, 15:38   #4
T-Cut

Car: 2004 Facelift 75 Connoisseur 1.8 turbo with DD Pack. And remember, the troof is out there.
Ah, so they do. I hadn't noticed that before. So most of the wishbone bushes sold on eBay aren't suitable for both 75s and ZTs as they specify in the ads. Could that explain why tyre wear is so common on these cars?

TC

Old 03-04-2010, 15:41   #5
ts autos
Trader Supporter

Garages
Yes the diesels had more rubber in the rear bushes clearly evident looking at two together,
TS Autos - I do everything apart from paint and bodywork, I excel in trim, mechanical and electrical faults on all models, but know ZT/75's every nut and bolt quite literally. Please PM me if you need a part or work doing to your car! location as requested Midlands Area DY8 1XQ
www.tsautos.com

Old 03-04-2010, 17:27   #6
T-Cut

So the diesels differ from petrol cars and the 75s differ from the ZTs. How many different bush fittings does that mean?

TC

Old 03-04-2010, 17:33   #7
ts autos
Trader Supporter

Garages
No diesels differ from petrols so two different bushes, the Mg's used diesel suspension set up plus later in life different subframe mounts all very confusing, because you could order an Mg with comfort suspension meaning diesel subframe mounts and diesel bushes for the arms
www.tsautos.com

Old 03-04-2010, 18:13   #8
T-Cut

Blimey, all rather complex. It seems a good reason not to buy derivative bushes from eBay, where none of these distinctions are recognised. They just sell mountings for all 75 & ZTs as one item.

TC

Old 03-04-2010, 18:29   #9
ts autos
Trader Supporter

Garages
Do rimmers list a part number for each Tc Have you noticed
www.tsautos.com