Rear window heater question - MG-Rover.org Forums

Go Back   MG-Rover.org Forums > Model Specific Forums > MG ZR / Rover 25, 200 & Streetwise

Old 04-10-2010, 18:50   #1
steve_p

Car: Other Manufacturer
Rear window heater question

My rear window heater doesn't seem to work but the light on the dash is always on as if it's switched on, except when the rear wiper is going, it just flashes as the wiper goes over it, now Sometime in june i remember removing a little strip of electrical tape from the rear window, at the time i thought nothing of it now i realise it was stopping the light coming, so my question is how can i get it to work properly, i'd like to fix it before it gets cold enough to need it. its a '99 211 by the way
cheers Steve
steve_p is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2010, 19:20   #2
matrix MG

Tournaments Won: 1

Car: MG Express
have you checked the tailgate wiring? the wires going through the drivers side rubber grommet are prone to wear, and if the sheathing is rubbed off 2 or more it can cause various problems.
matrix MG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2010, 21:12   #3
jimbo2260

Car: Rover 45 connoisseur MKII
i had a similler problem, my heated rear window screen was not working, this is how i fixed it......open the boot, look at the right hand side were the boot joins the body, u should see a rubber tubing, peel it back from the body and you should see a load of wires, the green and purple wire is the rear heated screen,( its also the thickest one) if thats split then put it back together with appropirate fixings, this should solve you problem, then put evrything back together, making sure the rubber tubing is seald to the body or boot, which ever one u peeled back, and you should be ready to go!!!!!
jimbo2260 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2010, 21:15   #4
starchild

Car: MGF 1.8VVC, Vauxhall Astra SRi TDCi
Send a message via ICQ to starchild
I'm having the same problem too, hadn't got round to checking yet so will give that a go as soon as it stops raining.
starchild is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2010, 23:26   #5
steve_p

Car: Other Manufacturer
thanks alot for the replies, i'll try sort it out tomorrow and report back
steve_p is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message