Rover 25 central locking problems - MG-Rover.org Forums

Go Back   MG-Rover.org Forums > Model Specific Forums > MG ZR / Rover 25, 200 & Streetwise

Old 06-11-2010, 10:16   #1
leependleton

Car: Rover 25
Rover 25 central locking problems

*** UPDATE :

The central locking will lock using the fob, but won't unlock anything ?!? When I try to unlock using the fob, the car just flashes its hazard lights once

It seems very odd that one minute its fine, then the next the boot won't unlock. Then after a battery change and re-sync of the fob
the boot and the passengar door won't open at all !!! The boot appears to be the solenoid not activating the lock far enough...but I fail to believe all the faults aren't related ???

Can any one steer me in the the right direction please ??

The boot wiring looks fine.

Hi,

My 25's central locking went strange yesterday !

After leaving the car unlocked, it immobilised itself and would not disarm until several clicks of the fob later. I thought this may be a fob battery issue. So having replaced the battery all seemed fine except the boot lock would not release using the fob. It won't even allow me to use the car key, as the key will not go fully into the barrell ?!?

I released the boot manually and suspecting the solenoid is faulty I ordered a new one off ebay (waiting for delivery)

The central locking will not unlock any door now.
The central locking will lock using the fob, but will not release at all !

I checked the engine bay fuse and replaced it as it had blown. I've looked at the internal fuse panel, but there are several suggestions as to which fuse relates to the c/locking ?

I have re-sysnc'd the fob with the car but no change

I have detached the boot solenoid until the new one arrives.

Can anyone help please regards how to fix this ? It wouldn't be so bad if I could lock the boot with the key, but I can't as the lock barrell won't accept the key !?!

many thanks

Lee

Last edited by leependleton; 07-11-2010 at 17:12. Reason: UPDATE
leependleton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2010, 12:11   #2
matt77303

Car: ZS 120+ MkII
Check the rear tailgate wiring loom isn't damaged.

Matt
matt77303 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 19-03-2013, 10:31   #3
boyracer 46

Car: MG TF 160
did this issue ever get resolved? I have ZS that locks off the fob but won't unlock. It wont unlock from the central button or by pulling up on the drivers door locking peg. it does unlock from the key. Any ideas/
boyracer 46 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 19-03-2013, 10:56   #4
Roverlike

Car: Rover 200 (95-99) 'Bubble Shape'
Quote:
Originally Posted by boyracer 46 View Post
did this issue ever get resolved? I have ZS that locks off the fob but won't unlock. It wont unlock from the central button or by pulling up on the drivers door locking peg. it does unlock from the key. Any ideas/
If your ZS is MK2 with round fob it would most probably be relay in SCU unit that needs replacing.
Roverlike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message