MG-Rover.org Forums banner

New ZT

3K views 57 replies 21 participants last post by  James Riley 
#1 ·
I just bought a brand new ZT diesel . Hope to get it in about 10days , it is currently making its way from the factory. Got an amazing deal , the car is coming with nearly every option and I am getting the lastest 165ps power upgrade- should be a flying machine. Colour is black pearl.

#16 ·
Where's the news on this?

Hello?

Helloooooo?

I can't imagine that a hike from 115Ps to 165Ps can be done purely down to software. The Xpower upgrade can only get it to 135Ps, and Superchips can only get it to about 140Ps. So what could this mean? Is it a misprint?

#17 ·
Don't think it's a misprint. It is entirely possibe to get 160+BHP out of the CDTi engine with just a software change - several tuning companies offer this amount of power or more. But it does appear thats about the limit without resulting to mechanical modifications. The Superchips upgrade is the least powerful of any tuning company.

lets wait and see.........

#19 ·
jcn27 said:
I just bought a brand new ZT diesel . Hope to get it in about 10days , it is currently making its way from the factory. Got an amazing deal , the car is coming with nearly every option and I am getting the lastest 165ps power upgrade- should be a flying machine. Colour is black pearl.
Nice one jcn27, you just converted a forum lurker into a member! Where did you get your car from as I WANT this upgrade!! My local dealer knows nothing about it! :guns:

Thanks & you'll love the car, its fabulous. Easily MGR's best car.

#24 ·
JonathanP said:
don't think the VVC's peeps will like that, they might have the sound of the diesel engine but not the performance of the real thing. (Did I say that out loud) :doh: :boxedin:

P.S. That was said in jest in case you didn't know :p
No that's fair enough :lol: I got my ZR in the height of winter and it did sound a bit like a diesel when really cold.

Cracking engine, but noisy - can't help thinking I should have tried re-adding the soundproofing that they took out on the 2003 model...

#26 ·
Just to add, I've had it confirmed this is not an MG Rover approved upgrade, so needless to say, the warranty would almost certainly (i.e. I can't see how it could stay valid) be invalid.

Be very careful if you do get an upgrade above 131...

//edit :doh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.