rover 25 reverse light problem resolved - MG-Rover.org Forums

Go Back   MG-Rover.org Forums > Model Specific Forums > MG ZR / Rover 25, 200 & Streetwise

Old 30-01-2012, 21:58   #1
bigbravo

Car: converting rover 25 gli 05 plate into mgzr mk2 firefrost red
Smile rover 25 reverse light problem resolved

hi everybody finally got round to finding the problem why my reverse lights werent working on my rover 25 gli 2005 plate, i checked everything possible from fuses and relays to switchs earth points the lot, until i disconnected the plug on the gearbox and feeded the wire up past the air box until i could see it at the top of the engine, i had a close look at the plug and one of the wires that looked connected from a distance was broke of but still looked like it was connected, so i shorted the wires to see if the reverse lights would come on and hey pressto they did for the first time since ive had the car, so i cut the plug of skinned the wires back and reconnected the wires to the plug, but the one that was broke in the first place was like a spade inside the plug, as ive not got a soldering kit i skinned the copper wire back a fair bit and stuffed it down inside the spade with a screwdriver so there would be no chance it wouldnt connect, i tapped both wires up seperate and taped them together with electrical tape for stability pluged it back in and it works perfect, hope this post stops everyone from going round in circles, take the plug up through the engine bay and have good look, if the wires looked nacked chop the plug of and follow my guide job done .

Last edited by bigbravo; 31-01-2012 at 21:56.
bigbravo is offline   Reply With Quote