MG ZR 2006 Central Locking Module Problem - MG-Rover.org Forums

Go Back   MG-Rover.org Forums > Model Specific Forums > MG ZR / Rover 25, 200 & Streetwise

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 24-02-2012, 15:56   #1
howy

Car: MG ZR
MG ZR 2006 Central Locking Module Problem

can anyone help please, i have an MGZR 2006, i have been told that the central locking module, has gone and i need a new one. The car locks off the fob, but does not open the doors. I can Open the drivers door only with the key, the boot will open with the fob. The passenger door is deadbolted, it will not open even from the inside. has anyone any ideas how to fix this problem thankyou
howy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 24-02-2012, 17:18   #2
starlight14

Car: MG ZR
Quote:
Originally Posted by howy View Post
can anyone help please, i have an MGZR 2006, i have been told that the central locking module, has gone and i need a new one. The car locks off the fob, but does not open the doors. I can Open the drivers door only with the key, the boot will open with the fob. The passenger door is deadbolted, it will not open even from the inside. has anyone any ideas how to fix this problem thankyou
This sounds like a relay has failed in the BCU (coil has gone open circuit). easy to fix if you have a relay and are okay with a soldering iron and sucker.

The pektron unit is ~ 125 from pektron over the internet. This will need programming with the fobs but you will require the fob bar codes to do this.

Check with your local dealer.
starlight14 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 24-02-2012, 19:13   #3
technozen
Mmmm....Rover..

Car: 200vi & Freelander XEDi
Send a message via MSN to technozen
Sounds like both the central locking relay and the deadlock relay have failed.

If you need replacement relays or need it repaired drop me a PM.
Discounted SCU/BCU Full Relay Replacement Service - only for Supporters - details here
Replacement relays for the Pektron SCU available - .org Supporters buy 4, 5th is free - PM for details.
technozen is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-03-2013, 14:55   #4
xX_o2_Xx
Temporary Seller

Car: MG ZT-T
My friend bought a zr but it has a weird issue.

When the drivers door is open all the locks spazz. Constantly lockimg and unlocking.

Whwn its shut everything is fine again.

As a temporary solution I disconected the pin button which detects whether the door is open or closed.

This has stopped the locks spazzing but now when he unlocks the car with fob it locks almost immediately after.

Can still get in and use car.

Its a 53 plate with the round fob.

Also the intermitent wiper function doesn't work
xX_o2_Xx is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-03-2013, 16:23   #5
technozen
Mmmm....Rover..

A faulty drivers door lock is most likely the cause of the central locking problem and a relay in the SCU has failed which is the cause of the intermittent wiper problem.
Discounted SCU/BCU Full Relay Replacement Service - only for Supporters - details here
Replacement relays for the Pektron SCU available - .org Supporters buy 4, 5th is free - PM for details.

Old 08-03-2013, 17:51   #6
xX_o2_Xx
Temporary Seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by technozen View Post
A faulty drivers door lock is most likely the cause of the central locking problem and a relay in the SCU has failed which is the cause of the intermittent wiper problem.
Is their anyway to test the theory?.

Tried unplugging the drivers door lock and it made no difference

Old 08-03-2013, 20:38   #7
Rovermgrob

Car: Rover 200 (89-95)
Quote:
Originally Posted by howy View Post
Hi i am a mg rover speclist what has gone wrong with your zr is the SCU ( security contol unit) has gone you will have to go to your nerest mgrover speclist to get the unit your will need to have two new plips programmed as wee and that will cost about 700
Rovermgrob is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-03-2013, 23:19   #8
stiggs

Car: Rover 25
Did you take your car to mantles in biggleswade? I saw a red zr there with white wheels that had exactly the same problem
stiggs is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-03-2013, 23:39   #9
technozen
Mmmm....Rover..

The drivers door latch contains two switches which tell the SCU if the door is opened or closed.

You can test the switch signals on a Black/Pink and Black/Orange wires at the lock wiring.

There is no need to go down the ridiculously expensive route of fitting a new SCU and new fobs.

Most SCU's can be repaired and even if the board is scrap (rare) the data from the original can be copied into a used board to create a clone.

Old 09-03-2013, 23:41   #10
SR4SLH

Ten Pin Bowling Champion!
Car: 2006 mk2 MgZS, MG ZR+ No.2029, MG ZR 105 ,Rover 200VI, Rover 25 1.4 Il Rep:■■σ
i have central locking modules for sale

S
SR4SLH is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-03-2013, 23:48   #11
xX_o2_Xx
Temporary Seller

Quote:
The drivers door latch contains two switches which tell the SCU if the door is opened or closed.

You can test the switch signals on a Black/Pink and Black/Orange wires at the lock wiring.

There is no need to go down the ridiculously expensive route of fitting a new SCU and new fobs.

Most SCU's can be repaired and even if the board is scrap (rare) the data from the original can be copied into a used board to create a clone.
The old owner unplugged the drivers door loom to stop the risk of being loked in if the door lock screws up.

It still did it.

The only thing that stops it doing it is removing the screw from the door pin as I believe this cuts the earth from the buttons circuit?

It leads me to think their is a issue with the earthing or maybe even tailgate wiring split and touching the chasis?.

I'll take a video next time my friend brings the car over

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR4SLH View Post

S
I should have spares in the shed if i can find them .

Thanks anyway

Old 09-03-2013, 23:50   #12
xX_o2_Xx
Temporary Seller

Their also seems to be an issue with the imobiliser.

Normally it should pick up the fob near the car when the ignition is on?.

This doesnt, often when the key is turned the car makes a sound. Then when the unlock button is pressed again it dissarms the imobilser.

Old 09-03-2013, 23:54   #13
SR4SLH

Ten Pin Bowling Champion!
Car: 2006 mk2 MgZS, MG ZR+ No.2029, MG ZR 105 ,Rover 200VI, Rover 25 1.4 Il Rep:■■σ
Quote:

S
Let me know

S
SR4SLH is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-03-2013, 01:02   #14
technozen
Mmmm....Rover..

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX_o2_Xx View Post
The only thing that stops it doing it is removing the screw from the door pin as I believe this cuts the earth from the buttons circuit?
The ground connection for the door latch is wired on the door loom into the main loom, there are no mechanical connections in the door to chassis.

Old 10-03-2013, 06:19   #15
xX_o2_Xx
Temporary Seller

Quote:
The ground connection for the door latch is wired on the door loom into the main loom, there are no mechanical connections in the door to chassis.
Sorry. I mean the pin thing which is part of the chasis which detects when the door is open.

To me it seems the fault is revolving around that

Old 10-03-2013, 06:23   #16
xX_o2_Xx
Temporary Seller

Quote:
Let me know

S
Cheers will do