MG TF Models - MG-Rover.org Forums
 
 
 
Go Back   MG-Rover.org Forums > Model Specific Forums > MGF and MGTF (Sponsored by MGFnTFBITZ)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-07-2012, 09:18   #1
Rosierose
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Suffolk/Norfolk Border
Car: MG TF and a Nissan Navara
Posts: 80
MG TF Models

Hi all,

Is there somewhere that somebody could point me in the direction of, to tell me the models/editions and specs available? Being new to the TF's and having only viewed a couple, I'm not sure of the differences between each model....e.g having just viewed a 52 plate, TF 135 Sprint - the bonnet had the 2 grill cut outs but having looked on the internet at sprint images, they all seem to have the 4 vent look?!

Many thanks
Rosierose is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-07-2012, 09:22   #2
COPPERKNOB
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Nr St Neots Cambridgeshire
Car: MG TF 160, ZR 2.0 Diesel
Posts: 13,510
This may help, I'm sure theres a better one but i cant find it.

http://www.mgcars.org.uk/MGTF/mgtf02.html
COPPERKNOB is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-07-2012, 09:26   #3
marki.mark86
Registered User
 

Join Date: May 2012
Location: Coatbridge
Car: MGTF 135 Cool Blue
Posts: 40
Hi and welcome
By bonnet cut outs do you mean the front grille? as the bonnet shouldnt have any vents. The front grille has 4 spaces just at the badge?

There is a few specs/models/trim levels. Depends what you are looking for, personally I have the 'Cool Blue' which has 16inch wheels, Blue Alcantara (suede) seats with Black Leather 1.8.

The Sprint models have a nice trim similar seats to the 'Cool Blue' but they normally have silver centre console and silver trim on steering wheel, best thing to do would be shop around and see what you like most
marki.mark86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-07-2012, 09:35   #4
Rosierose
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Suffolk/Norfolk Border
Car: MG TF and a Nissan Navara
Posts: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by marki.mark86 View Post
Hi and welcome
By bonnet cut outs do you mean the front grille? as the bonnet shouldnt have any vents. The front grille has 4 spaces just at the badge?

There is a few specs/models/trim levels. Depends what you are looking for, personally I have the 'Cool Blue' which has 16inch wheels, Blue Alcantara (suede) seats with Black Leather 1.8.

The Sprint models have a nice trim similar seats to the 'Cool Blue' but they normally have silver centre console and silver trim on steering wheel, best thing to do would be shop around and see what you like most
Might be better to show you the link than try to explain....but yes, sorry, I do mean the front grille...
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...s/20?logcode=p
Rosierose is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-07-2012, 09:37   #5
Andy1970h
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Basingstoke, Hants
Car: 06 Mini Cooper S JCW
Posts: 1,321
If it only has one vent either side of the badge then it sounds like someone has fitted the later '08- front bumper.
Andy1970h is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-07-2012, 09:41   #6
Rosierose
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Suffolk/Norfolk Border
Car: MG TF and a Nissan Navara
Posts: 80
Thanks guys, both helpful

Did post a link, but being new to site wasn't aware that it had to be approved by a moderator?

I did mean the front grille....this is how new I am to the MG lol! I shall continue searching the internet and looking at the pics...there seem to be so many types though.
Rosierose is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-07-2012, 09:43   #7
Rosierose
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Suffolk/Norfolk Border
Car: MG TF and a Nissan Navara
Posts: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy1970h View Post
If it only has one vent either side of the badge then it sounds like someone has fitted the later '08- front bumper.
Ah right!, that's interesting to read - thanks
Rosierose is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-07-2012, 09:54   #8
Kameleon
Duuuuuuurrrty Dog
 

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Sutton, Surrey
Car: MG TF 160 - Pearl Black
Posts: 4,356
Blog Entries: 8
Send a message via MSN to Kameleon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosierose View Post
Hi all,

Is there somewhere that somebody could point me in the direction of, to tell me the models/editions and specs available? Being new to the TF's and having only viewed a couple, I'm not sure of the differences between each model....e.g having just viewed a 52 plate, TF 135 Sprint - the bonnet had the 2 grill cut outs but having looked on the internet at sprint images, they all seem to have the 4 vent look?!

Many thanks

It sounds like the one you have viewed has had a newer chinese TF bumper fitted, this is often just a cosmetic change as arguably the newer bumper is better (not everyone's opinion, but it is mine at least). However it's worth checking that the car wasn't involved in an accident and if it has, if it was declared and repaired properly.

All MG Rover TF's have the slatted front bumper out of the factory...

MG Rover Bumper:


Chinese MG Bumper:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sprint-front.jpg (123.5 KB, 64 views)
Kameleon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-07-2012, 10:00   #9
Rosierose
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Suffolk/Norfolk Border
Car: MG TF and a Nissan Navara
Posts: 80
Thanks - Yes! that's the one....so it's a chinese bumper. I did prefer it to the slatted bumper, myself
Rosierose is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-07-2012, 10:05   #10
joe1
Registered User
 

Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Preston
Car: Freestyle
Posts: 850
Here's a link http://www.mgtf.be/ look under models.
joe1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-07-2012, 10:11   #11
Rosierose
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Suffolk/Norfolk Border
Car: MG TF and a Nissan Navara
Posts: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe1 View Post
Here's a link http://www.mgtf.be/ look under models.
Brilliant! Thanks for that, just what I needed
Rosierose is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-07-2012, 10:12   #12
Rosierose
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Suffolk/Norfolk Border
Car: MG TF and a Nissan Navara
Posts: 80
Joe1 - Brilliant! Thanks for that, just what I needed
Rosierose is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-07-2012, 10:15   #13
Petevick
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: North Norfolk
Car: MG TF 160 in Trophy Yellow
Posts: 47,849
all models of F and TF, including NAC TF's covered here - http://www.mgf.ultimatemg.com/group1...gf_history.htm
Petevick is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-07-2012, 10:29   #14
Rosierose
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Suffolk/Norfolk Border
Car: MG TF and a Nissan Navara
Posts: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petevick View Post
all models of F and TF, including NAC TF's covered here - http://www.mgf.ultimatemg.com/group1...gf_history.htm
Ooh, another brilliant one. Thank you so much
Rosierose is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-07-2012, 10:37   #15
Petevick
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: North Norfolk
Car: MG TF 160 in Trophy Yellow
Posts: 47,849
loads more links here -> http://www.mgf-tf-central.co.uk/faq-history.shtml
Petevick is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
F/TF`s and other MG models tf karl MGF and MGTF (Sponsored by MGFnTFBITZ) 13 04-03-2011 19:40
New TF 135 and TF 85th Anniversary models revealed (Now with photos) paynemgzr MGF and MGTF (Sponsored by MGFnTFBITZ) 156 08-05-2009 17:26
MG TF 1.6's differences to the bigger models sdnatlst MGF and MGTF (Sponsored by MGFnTFBITZ) 28 28-11-2008 20:44
New MG Rover models - models that is! delboy MG / Rover Related Chat - up to 2005 5 13-09-2005 08:07
"New MG Rover scale models available NOW!" + "Vanguard Facelift 75 Models available" David Lee Newsham MG / Rover Related Chat - up to 2005 20 28-01-2005 17:52


All times are GMT. The time now is 17:59.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
ShowCase, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.