PRT Thermostat fitting guide MGF - MG-Rover.org Forums

Go Back   MG-Rover.org Forums > Model Specific Forums > MGF and MGTF (Sponsored by MGFnTFBITZ)

Old 15-06-2013, 00:32   #1
Astraeus

Car: Rover 75s V6 and & 45
PRT Thermostat fitting guide MGF

Hi

Can anyone give me the link to a fitting guide with pictures please?

Thinking of doing this when head off

Chris
Astraeus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 15-06-2013, 02:31   #2
Daveyboyz

Car: Red MGF VVC 1996

I am about to undertake this and I have read much about it but not seen complete diagrams.

As I understand it you leave your thermostat on but take out the innards and replace with a collar. The PRT goes at the bottom of the engine right next to the exhaust manifold. The coolant direction is reversed through the radiator.

Other than that and the pic included I am going to take a trial and error approach. I have a complete set of pipes so I will replace one at a time like for like and see what I am left with. Then I will put the PRT in with what should hopefully be the last remaining pipes...

I too would benefit from a complete diagram of how it should go, or a step by step.
Daveyboyz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Bookmarks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the MG-Rover.org Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.