Hyundai Discount Scheme Overview - MG-Rover.org Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 14-01-2008, 18:42 Thread Starter
Supporter

Car: ZR TD, ZS 180 in Aurora
Garages
Send a message via MSN to SteveChilds
Hyundai Discount Scheme Overview

Ok, how would you like to save money off a new car? We've teamed up with Hyundai to give you access to some great deals as part of the .ORG Supporters package - note, there are some rules particular to this scheme, so make sure you read all of this thread.

How it works. Quite simple really! Firstly, you need to have been a supporter for over 12 months. Yes, if you've changed supporter levels when you renew, that's fine - if there is a short gap between the subscriptions, that's ok - we know that PayPal screw things up some times. However, maximum of a month from the end of one subscription and the start of the current one.

You drop me a line by PM and I'll validate your status and give you access to the forum with the price list in it. This details all the discounts for the various models, discounts can range from 500 up to over 2,000 on some models.

I then send you a certificate which you take to your local Hyundai dealer to prove your eligibility for the scheme.

So, to summarise.

1) You need 12 months or more continual and current supporter status.
2) You need to PM me for access to the price list & your certificate
3) You then find the model you're interested in
4) You then take the certificate down to your local Hyundai dealer and place your order for your brand new Hyundai!

Ok, what cars are in the Hyundai Range?

Well, the Hyundai range covers nearly everything MG Rover produced, exact match for a ZT-T or 75 Tourer is about the only problem, but other than that you'll find a pretty good match.

If you think that Hyundais are cheap Korean tat, you can shove that perception right out the door now. The newest Models, The Santa Fe, i30 and i10 are very good. I've driven a Santa Fe for 6 months and now onto an i30 and both are very good.

If you want a 4x4 or MPV and don't really want to go off-road in it, the Santa Fe is perfect. A Freelander2 will be overkill and poorly spec'd for the same price - I know, I've driven one of them too.

An i30 is a Ford Focus competitor, so if you have a 25/45 ZR/ZS that's around about the equivliant. I've got the 1.6 CRTDi Diesel and to be honest, I'm blown away by it - as you will be when you see the price you can get these on the scheme. Auto Express featured the i30 on its cover with the headline 'Hyundai's new i30 and why it should be your next car!'. To put it one way, this 15.5K RRP car had more features on it than the 22K+ Freelander2 I borrowed over Christmas!

The i10 is launching soon and replacing the Amica. Its equivalent to a City Rover, only a million times better made!

So, to help you, I've constructed a little list.

MG / Rover Model Equivalent Hyundai(s)
City Rover Hyundai Amica Hyundai i10

Rover 25 / MG ZRHyundai Getz

Rover 45 / MG ZS Hyundai i30 Hatchback Hyundai i30 Estate

Rover 75 / MG ZT Hyundai Sonata

Rover 75 / MG ZT Hyundai Santa Fe

MGF / MG TF Hyundai Coupe SIII

Hyundai also have a few other models which don't fit in with the MG Rover Range these are....

Matrix - a compact MPV
Tucson - a 2 or 4 wheel drive SUV.

F/TF Hybrid in Firefrost Red
ZS 180 in Aurora

Last edited by SteveChilds; 16-01-2008 at 13:04.