MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well incase none of you have seen the GTA III 10 Year Anniversary video here it is.

I don't know why but it's kind of shocked me. I remember getting this game on Christmas day and playing it for ages, then when I saw this video I was shocked... 10 years. Times flown by! I was 8 when I got that and now I'm 18 and I remember it like it was yesterday...

Great video though, many memories of a great game.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
I still play it. Best GTA game IMO. They're all fantastic but none seem to match GTA3 for pure fun.

·
Registered
4,924 Posts
i disagree vice city was by far the best purely because the city itslef wasd so beautiful. and who doesn't love a police chase listening to video killed the radio star;)

And the hardest mission in gta history.... "the driver"

·
Premium Member
6,527 Posts
I use to love GTA

But i just cant stand them now, the latist one just feels so badly put together...
The cars all drive like utter crap, loads of pointless missions, and things just put in to fill in gaps.

and annoying phone calls 24/7 lol

Just didn't bother with them since San Andreas...

Hopefully the next one will be better, but will have to wait and see...
Best thing is i was able to express my dislike of the latest GTA's to a
Rockstar designer who works on GTA, as he was one of the design graders at Huddersfield Uni that my mate went to.

Spoke to him on their presentation day haha

He said i wasn't the first person to tell him this, and gets many many people coming up to him saying similar things.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Vice City was the most fun IMO. I've never had a decent enough machine to play GTA III at a decent frame rate :lol:

San Andreas was more immersive but lacked a certain 'something'

I've spent a lot of hours playing GTA IV as well, but whilst it moved the game on considerably in terms of graphics that did seem to be at the expense of fun...

The original GTA with a 3dfx card was awesome :D

·
Registered
9,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I always was a fan of all the GTA's before IV, San Andreas had by far the best map and sandbox but it lacked that something which III and Vice City had.

As long as GTA V is a step forward to IV then I am not going to complain to be honest. IV was a disappointment in many ways.

I don't actually remember the hardest mission I've come across yet, I believe it was a San Andreas one though...

·
Registered
4,924 Posts
"The Driver" is generally regarded as the hardest, even the designers admitted it was a bit of a **** up. Its where you started at that club and had to race a guy to be your getaway driver for the bank job (ignoring the fact that if you win youd be the better driver anyways) Only issue was he had the bit sabre gt and you had a sentinal :lol:

The only ways you could win was to hope and pray he crashes into the plant pots at the strip club getting stuck (a glitch) letting you win or putting a faster car by the police station and switching over and hoping you could catch up.

Worst part was that you still had to drive to the bank, then when you got out he pulls up the getaway car get out and gets shot. Highly annoying.

·
Registered
9,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hmm odd. I generally never had a problem with that mission.

I'm going to complete the series again I think starting with GTA III. Any problems I encounter mission wise I shall post, especially with "The Driver".

·
Registered
4,924 Posts
Hmm odd. I generally never had a problem with that mission.

I'm going to complete the series again I think starting with GTA III. Any problems I encounter mission wise I shall post, especially with "The Driver".
You may have been lucky and had him crash into a cop car or something fairly early on in your attempts. But its generally regarded that in a straight race with him not being impeded in anyway its near impossible to win.

·
Registered
9,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That must of happened then. I'm going to have to see what happens when I do it again.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts