MG-Rover.org Forums banner

121 - 136 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
fuck ass pissing shit I won't be beaten.

I've got the next few fucking days off to sort this cunt out.

Although in the fucking process I've discovered a couple of other piss poor methods.

shit piss twat cunt fucking hell.

Oh yeah and by the way...........

Merry Christmas FUCKERS :gift:

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Nope you still ain't got it you fucking twat
One can only assume one has got the hang of things due to the lack of replies like the one above.:)

I shall write a detailed explination of how to do it.
The strawberry jam/cling film and carrot are of course optional.

Just read that back and thought fuck I sound posh.
Must be Adi rubbing her self off on me.:hysteria:

·
Premium Member
43,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #131 (Edited)
Posted all over the place today :rofl:

Bazza said:
It appears that despite my best efforts word is not getting out that there is a glitch in the system caused by us granting access to these 18+ forums to non-supporters.

Let me clearly explain what has happened, what is happening now and what needs to happen.

A short history lesson

Access to the 18+ forum was a supporter privilege and as such was granted upon request. This has always been done manually and a request had to be made to an administrator by each individual supporter who wanted it. It was not automatically granted.

In a moment of madness and full of festive cheer we decided to grant access to anybody aged 18 or over regardless of their supporter status. This was mainly to keep adi quiet as she goes on and on and on and on and....... you get the picture ;)

When a supporter ceased making payment the 18+ access had to be revoked. Identifying these individuals and removing their access to 18+ had to be done manually so I asked the then owner, Steve Childs the burgermeister if he would write a script that would identify lapsed supporters and remove their 18+ access. An automated email was then dispatched to the ex-supporter along the following lines:

Steve Childs said:
18+ Forum Access Removed

Hi, as your supporter subscription has lapsed, we have removed your access to the 18+ Forum as this is available to Supporters only. To regain access please renew your supporter subscription and then PM an administrator to be given access.
Where we are today

Back to the present day and this script still runs each night. I do not have access to this script and neither does Stu or Dr Dave. Only the Canadian owners have access. So, each night it checks all members to see if they are supporters and if not, it removes their access and sends out the above PM.

When I crawl out of my cave in the morning I have to log onto the administrator access panel and bring up each non-supporter's account who has been granted access, manually set it for 18+ access and save the changes. As I type that's 26 members or 25-30 minutes work each and every day. Now I don't mind doing this as long as it is in the short term AND people read my posts, discussions and announcements and stop moaning/sending me PMs!

The Future

I asked the Canadian owners to contact their forum bricklayer and make the necessary changes to the overnight script to remove the automatic removal of 18+ access for non-supporters as being a supporter is no longer a pre-requisite for accessing the dystopian 18+ forum. It is now in their hands and I have very regular contact with them helping them to understand how it works and what changes need to be made. Because this script is a third party addition it is more difficult to locate and this is what they need to do first. Until then I will continue to re-apply 18+ access to the non-supporters who have already requested it.

Can we all join hands now and say a prayer to the big forum God in the sky and ask him to guide the Canadian owners to the script in question as I'm losing the will to live :grouphug:

·
Registered
13,476 Posts
OH MY GOD!

Just read the text and you call me a 'he'

"He goes on and on"

How rude. Please amend it

:lol:

·
Premium Member
43,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #135