MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a really good shape 1971 MGB North American model. However, after driving it home I come to realize that the right headlight is out, naturally as soon as I get home I disassembled the headlight and ran a couple “tests”. When I ran my “tests” I found out that it’s not the headlight itself but the wiring behind it. Naturally I opened up my manuals and looked at the wiring schematic to see what the issue could be. After looking at the manual I discovered that it could be a multitude of things causing this. I found out that it could be the combined turn signal/headlamp flasher/headlamp high-low beam/ horn push switch, or the flash to pass switch, or possibly the headlight switch. I know all the fuses work because that was the first thing I checked. However my questions are: what are the most likely culprits? Are there any culprits that I missed? And (since I’m pretty unfamiliar with British cars) where would this culprit be located?

·
Registered
ROVER 25 and a ROVER CABRIOLET
35,804 Posts
A little too old for my knowledge but you are off to a good start, try sourcing a Haynes Manual or a workshop
manual for that model year and you might be able to trace it back, do you have a multi-meter?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts