MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1998 MGF 1.8i for sale

924 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  jvdberg 
#1 ·
Due to a change in my personal circumstances I have decided to sell my 1998 MGF. I bought this as a project car and used it as a daily driver for 18 months. I have done loads to it and have a number of parts that I have collected.

The listing for the car can be found here: MG MGF 1.8 i 2dr.

1998 MGF 1.8i with 90025 miles. It had an engine and gearbox change with a rebuilt 35000 mile unit and have covered 5000 miles since the rebuild. The engine had the following new parts fitted when it was rebuilt in August 2015: MLS head gasket, water pump, cam belt kit, valve stem seals, clutch kit. The car has low mileage tires front and back. Brake disk and pads new (EBC Ultimax pads), the thermostat has been moved to the front to prevent thermal shock and head gasket failure on the engine, the coolant has been changed to 5 year OAT type, it has an additional temperature gauge fitted, the front wheel bearings has been replaced and I have installed HID projector lamps in the headlights - it has a proper beam pattern. I do have a set of original headlights and some other spare parts that are not included in the price. This was my project car and I have spared no expense when doing work. Known issues: the driver side carpet is tatty (see pictures), there is some rust bubbles on the driver side front and rear wing starting that needs treatment, there is a bearing type noise when turning right but I could not find any play on any bearing so I suspect it is a tire noise., 5+ owners, Next MOT due 03/10/2016, Part service history, Electric windows, MP3 player, 15" Alloy Wheels, Power steering, Central locking, Alarm, Immobiliser, Driver's airbags, Passenger airbags. 2 seats, BLACK.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.