MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone i am new to the forum ,i have a mg zs that is in great condition and reliable,however i have developed a strange problem relating to both my front and rear screen washers and would welcome any help or suggestions.Within the day my rear screen washer just stopped working about an hour after that my front washers failed the wipers are working alright,i of course first checked all fuses no problem there so i mistakenly assumed it was the pumps i say this because i was able to purchase two from the best of british.After fitting the pumps washers are still not working even though i tested them before fitting so i tested the ones i removed they are also working so thats was a mistake on my part.I have now estabished that there is no power to the pumps and i am at a loss about the problem of no power this was a sudden event up until then everything was working fine.I would be most grateful if anyone could shed any light on this situation or anyone who has suffered a similar problem.Many Thanks Blodgie

·
Registered
5,195 Posts
I’d suspect a failed Pektron relay in the BCU. Read attached link...

Technozon refurbs the BCU’s with better relays. He did one for me and is highly recommended.

Could be wiring, but BCU is more likely.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’d suspect a failed Pektron relay in the BCU. Read attached link...

Technozon refurbs the BCU’s with better relays. He did one for me and is highly recommended.

Could be wiring, but BCU is more likely.

Thankyou so much GNU i will try that i am most grateful.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts