MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
No thread for today's race at Croft???

Plato not able to take part in r1 due to engine problems.

Neate having his best drive ever in r3, Plato got behind Neate after working past a few drivers, then squeezed passed Neate, was great to have both MG's in first and second, then Neate sadly had a bit of bad luck when some contact made him loose a few places, could have been a first and second for MG.
Simon

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
A decent weekend for MG all things considered. How the two works Honda drivers have the audacity to complain about the standards of driving of the rest of the field is beyond me, with lots of footage of both of them taking drivers out with their barging it's hypocritical to say the least. Great entertainment and it's all part of the BTCC, but the hypocrisy is shameful. At least the likes of Plato don't deny they do it!

·
Registered
12,202 Posts
No BTCC thread because Steve was at MG Live this weekend instead.

Such a shame that Plato's problems in qualifying prevented him from starting in Race 1. He only managed to qualify 5th due to the electrical gremlins cutting his session short, but I'm sure that Jason would have been pushing for a podium finish in race 1. Alas, it was not meant to be.
Jason's car was repaired in time for Race 2, starting in 20th position on the grid, he made a sterling effort to bring the car home in 7th place, some 22 seconds behind Sheddon the race winner.
The reverse grid for race 3 offered Jason his best opportunity of the weekend. Starting in 3rd position on the grid, he made up for his earlier misfortune and brought home a win for MG/888.

Andy Neate qualified in 9th position for race 1. He finished a respectable 6th position, his best finish so far this season and well deserved too.
Race 2 saw Andy struggle a little finishing 9th and bringing home yet more points for the team.
The reverse grid for the final race couldn't have been any better for Andy, a pole position start which he made the very best of. Andy lead the race for several laps but after being pushed wide he started loosing places and eventually finished 9th. More points for the team, although he was very unfortunate not to finish on the podium.

All in all, a reasonable weekend for MG/888. Jason's electrical problems prevented him from gaining all important championship points which he desperately needed, especially as Sheddon managed to bag a win in Race 2. It was exactly like the previous meeting at Oulton Park, whereby Jason couldn't start the first race. It's almost impossible to have a strong weekend when starting race 2 at the back of the field, luckily Jason is a fighter and seemingly loves a challenge. Thankfully the reverse grid was kind and Jason avoided trouble. :broon:

I was far more impressed with Andy this weekend, he showed great pace in race 3, he was forced to drive defensively but didn't show any real weakness under extreme pressure. Race 1 and 2 were also decent, considering his previous run of bad luck, and bringing the car home safely in all 3 races shows that given the right opportunity he can do the job. Lets hope that today's performance is a sign of things to come. :)

·
Registered
11,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If Matt Neal had not shunted Andy Neate out of the way and made him lose several places I think Andy would have had a strong finish.

He was belting it at the front of the pack, keeping the Beemers at bay, although Jason did say he thought Andy's pace was dropping off and that's why he went to take first.

Simon

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
If Matt Neal had not shunted Andy Neate out of the way and made him lose several places I think Andy would have had a strong finish.
Simon
yeah, funny how plato was penalised for shunting Sheddon out the way but Neal not penalised for blatantly doign exactly the same thing to Neate eh? :stir:

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
When will the next race be on? I know it's on the halfway break and will be back July yeah? Any specific dates and times and when it's on itv4 ??

·
Registered
11,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah, funny how plato was penalised for shunting Sheddon out the way but Neal not penalised for blatantly doign exactly the same thing to Neate eh? :stir:
Yep they all do it all the time, at least Plato can give and take it.

I also notice Sheddon trying to punt someone off too, can't remember who it was offhand, the exact guy who wanted Plato kicking out of the season.

Simon

1 - 10 of 10 Posts