MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I have a 2016 MG3 with just 5k miles on the clock. It has been standing idle for 9 months. Should i get it serviced immediately? It was last serviced at 1350 miles. Service readout on dash says service in c. 6k miles. As it has been standing for a long period does it need to be serviced earlier? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Hi all

I have a 2016 MG3 with just 5k miles on the clock. It has been standing idle for 9 months. Should i get it serviced immediately? It was last serviced at 1350 miles. Service readout on dash says service in c. 6k miles. As it has been standing for a long period does it need to be serviced earlier? Thanks in advance.
When did you have the brake fluid changed as it's meant to be changed every 24 months owing to the fact that it's hydroscopic (brake fluid attracts water).

You may find that the tyres might have small hairline cracks on the treads and sidewalls owing to the car not being driven for a while. They can be driven on but it is best getting it checked anyhow. Tyre pressures might also be a bit low.

It is possible that the car is roadworthy after all of this time so there should not need to have it serviced immediately.

It may be beneficial to have the engine running just to recharge the battery and get some lubrication going as it is likely that some of the parts of the engine haven't seen oil for the time it's been undriven.

If you are worried then it might be worth taking it to a place for a free check-up though be aware that they might try to see you some new tyres or suspension.

Cheers..

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
BTW, if you vehicle is 3 years old then you must submit it for an MOT otherwise your insurance will be invalid.

See more here:

Cheers..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts