MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody please help me/ I need an ECU or fuel/timimg control for my 216 gsi sohc honda engine with a turbo as I cant get it set up until it will fuel right etc.
Cheers Matt

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
i wasnt aware such a car ever existed from honda or rover..

is it a homemade engine setup or something, in which case an ecu may be hard to get

·
Registered
5,355 Posts
www.hondacrx.co.uk is a good place to go to get a socketed ecu from

have you considered a race fuel pump + fse valve?
Don't bother with an FSE valve, standard honda items are plenty good enough for the job!

Honda ECU's dont like boost, they shutdown when they detect it, so if you wana go ghetto for now, buy an apexi unit and then use the V-AFC hack to hide boost from the ecu :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies, as I know nothing about this, how do I go ghetto just for now until I can afford a stand alone. Do you you know want parts I reqire and where I can get them?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Can anybody help me, I have found out that I have an OBD0 PP4 ecu I either want to buy a chiped ecu or can somebody tell me what I need to do (I am getting confused as o want I need as there are so many different things out there). I would like to buy a Zdyne ecu but I cant really afford it yet as I have got to have the car painted yet. I will post some pics when I get chanse this week. Any help would be greatfully appreciated as I want to get it on the road and all my local tuner keeps saying is it will cost me at least a £1000 to get it running properly. There must be someone how has an ecu or that can help me even if it just gets me running for a few months until I can afford the better ecu.
Thanks Matt

·
Registered
5,355 Posts
You will need to get the ECU socketed, in order for the ECU to take a chip that has been programmed to take boost. This will then need to get onto a Rolling Road session to tune the fuelling, retard the ignition and to limit the Rev's down slightly, Boost and high Rev's on a D16 with std internals is a no no, get it limited to around 6,500RPM to be safe :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Ice D, Do you know where I can get it socketed and a chip to put in it?
I am being a bit thick here but everywhere I go keeps showing me programs etc but dont tell me where to get it socketed.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Do you know if there are different types of ecu in the 216 i.e. is there one without the IMA sensor, if so what year did they come into use as I have a 1993 cat ecu but I think it still has the IMA sensor fittedas the clips are still there.
Cheers Matt

·
Registered
5,355 Posts
the only difference with the ECU's is with or without lambda sensor, which was 1992 when that came in. There should be a date stamp in blue on the side of the ECU to tell you.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I have a chip for a D16 DOHC engine setup running 185bhp with prelude 345cc injectors. PP4-R00 or G01 are the ones you want.

Suprised Ian didnt point you my direction for the chip/map.

·
Registered
5,355 Posts
Sorry Jonny i didnt realise you still had the maps, i heard you lost them or was that just for the nasp setup?

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
The turbo map was still in Grants ECU, so a quick copy sorted that out and yours was the closest NA one hence i got your map from your ECU. W00t!

·
Registered
147 Posts
you've turbo'd a standard 1590cc honda lump? did you have to change the pistons/conrods? or are you running a very low boost? i'm interested as my car has the same engine and 111bhp is never enough, tho it will have to do for now and its going round europe on sunday including the nurburgring go rover go!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts