MG-Rover.org Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Yeah no probs, there pretty much the same as the 220 turbo stuff and the driveshafts are better off as there equal length, so the bolted on puts less loading on the diff.

Clutch is okay at that sort of spec too. Easy enough to upgrade to a civic 212mm flywheel and bigger clutch when the time comes though

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I have used standard pistons and rods (my engine has done 60k) with arp rod and head bolts, decompression plate, piper reground cam and vernier pulley an 345cc injectors. I have found someone who has a base map with 345 cc prelude injectors so I should be ok to get it running for now (if I have any problems I will let you know.
I have got the right ecu in my shed then its a pp4 g01 will I have any problems using this ecu on my car as it is pre cat?
I was hoping for around 180 bhp so it sounds to be achievable
Thanks again for your help

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
One more question, do I need an uprated fuel pump?
I am expecting to have to strenghen driveshafts when they snap as I have had a couple let go when it was 135 BHP. Not to bothered about the clutch and box as the are easy ehnough to change and I have an uprated clutch waiting top go in any way.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Fuel pump will be fine, as will the shafts, there the same spec as the Turbo ones on a better design. The only failures really result from rust under the damper reducing the cross sectional area of the shaft to the point that they fail.

Who have you got the basemap from?

·
Registered
rover_200_coupe
20 Posts
hello to all jus joined the sight an its well cool. was wondering how much did the turbo cost an where did u get it as i been trying for ages to find a turbo
for my 216 coupe how much did the overall job cost?

cheers

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I got the base map from the lad I have bought the socketed ecu off, He said he has done a rover for his mate a while back that was running 345cc injectors and he still has the base map so he is going to put it in for me so I can run it to the rolling road etc.
For cost I would say you can probabily do it for around £1000 using second hand turbo from an rs turbo (t3) etc its the mainfold and down pipe you either buy one or make it. I would guess I will have spent around £3000 on mine buy the time its been painted etc as I have done suspension and big brakes at the same time.

·
Registered
1 Posts
how you getting on with the convertion. I have just fitted a kit form the state to my tomcat (sohc honda engine) .Im using the standard ecu with no problems up to 5psi boost, though I have upped the fuel pressure to 3bar to help fueling.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Hi again. I am not exactly sure what power mine is kicking out yet, its going for paint in the next week or so. Had it mapped a couple of weeks ago by Chris on the CRX forum (top man he really knows his stuff). Only problem I am having is that I have put an uprated clutch in and it started to slip again during the mapping so Chris says I need a 6 puck ceramic ( will do this when its been painted and take it on the rollers). It seems to be taking the pain well any way with only a few minor teething problems. What is involved in putting the 212mm fly wheel on, the the starter motor etc ok still?
Mine is running 14 psi or so the gauge says! Chris said it is pulling really well. I think it should be quite a bit over the 200 bhp mark as it is really quick in 4 th and 5th gear and hits the limiter no problem without clutch slip when the clutch is cool.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
212mm will need just the flywheel and clutch assembly.

We did this to Grants D16 DOHC Turbo. It was struggling with just 5psi of boost before swapping the clutch out.

Never got chance to whack a T28 on though

·
Registered
mg_zt
90 Posts
I have a chip for a D16 DOHC engine setup running 185bhp with prelude 345cc injectors. PP4-R00 or G01 are the ones you want.

Suprised Ian didnt point you my direction for the chip/map.
Hi Jonny,
sorry for digging up an old posting but heres hoping....
So Ive just started on a new project 216 D16z6, SOHC rover coupe.
So Im adding turbo probably t25, following only rebuilds for boost, and putting in the skunk2 manifold, and forged low compression pistons which will help me for higher boost.

Onto how to get it running.

Is there any way you could assist me with finding a base map or ECU that I could plugin... Now I have MPPS / AlienTek KESS and other mapping hardware available to me, along with some direct to chip mappers. Looks like I should socket an ECU to allow this first.

Any help with this is greatly appreciated - so if you either have a socket ECU there, or a base map that accepts boost which I could then take and adjust for my injector type / boost level etc, I would be extremely happy.

Otherwise I will have to buy a wideband AFR and start doing some data logging runs and just tune it all up myself from scratch which will take some time.. :(

Thanks in advance.. Trev.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts