MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
mg_zr
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking it would be a good weekend toy to have but you can't buy 1 anywhere! Can't even find a vvc!

It's officially easier to buy rocking horse ****** lol

·
Registered
mg_zr
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
136 Posts
I saw a few VVC's last year when I was looking being advertised.
They are generally much cheaper than the turbos. Dont think you need to spend any more than £500 on a nice condition VVC.
Keep an eye on ebay and also on the Rovertech forum. Turbos do come up fairly often if you are patient.

·
Registered
cityrover
2,835 Posts
when I last looked there where only 315 VVC tomcats registered with the DVLA (more currently 200),

* as a comparison there are 200 `Delorean DMC12's' in Britain in total....!

I have seen only 2 tomcats in my area of the north east, in the last few years & amazingly 1 delorean too, so it gives you an idea how rare the tomcat VVC is now, as a rare classic car.....

my advice is if you have a good VVC or turbo for that matter, the best to hang on to it, as they are sure to go up in value, I have heard of Turbo's go for as much as 4k....

also because the Tomcat takes a bit of knowhow, a need for good service history & a known background of the car in question, is all best when buying one! in fairness if you are willing to put in the work needed, a few bargains can be had at the moment too,

but they are as you say, getting less & less.....

·
Premium Member
54,941 Posts
No idea where you got that figure as there are nearly that number of Coupe VVC's taxed in the UK, let alone SORN'd.

Then take all of the other models over all of the years and you are going to be 1,000 plus.

I hope you weren't using that useless howmanyleft site.

·
Registered
cityrover
2,835 Posts
You'll need to be good with fabricating and welding for that one.

Some question marks about it's identity as well.
that's it, until the stripping/digging out of the rust is done it can be a worry (this is not what you can find/see from a roll under the car at the buying stage either....

NB yes saw that DVLA problem??

1 - 13 of 13 Posts