MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a MG ZR+ as stated on the log book and registered 23/12/ 2003. Can anyone cast any light on what the + referred to?

·
Registered
MG ZT, Rover 25
5,748 Posts
I have a MG ZR+ as stated on the log book and registered 23/12/ 2003. Can anyone cast any light on what the + referred to?
The + refers to certain equipment options thrown in on the car, such as e/w, a/c etc. Not performance related. Someone may be along with an exact list for the model…

·
Registered
'06 MG ZR +120 (HQM) '04 MG ZR 105 (IAB)
9,434 Posts
It simply refers to the trim level - the ZR 105, 120 and Td versions were available in basic spec or 'plus' spec, the precise details of which varied slightly between the Mk1 and Mk2, but included front fog lights, electric front windows and electric door mirrors, and a perforated leather steering wheel (the one on the base models was plastic). Mk1 '+' models had an electric tilt/slide sunroof as standard, and MK2 '+' models had air conditioning as standard instead of a sunroof.

Side skirts were only ever standard fit on the 160, the Mk1 'Atomix', and the Mk2 Trophy and Trophy SE. They were a dealer fit accessory for all other models, but could be specified for factory fit by a dealer at the time of ordering.

There was also a dealer promotion 'Campaign Pack' around 2003/4 - not part of any brochure options list, but could be specified by dealers for either base or '+' models they ordered for stock and comprised side skirts, 17" Straights alloy wheels (instead of the standard 16" hairpins) and 'Monaco' half leather seat facings instead of the standard Matrix.

(This query should really have been started as a new thread rather than impinging on a very old thread about the ZR-X special show cars ;))

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all but I was after info on a 1.8 MG ZR+model I recently obtained. All I needed to know was sent to me by several knowledgable members. Thank you again

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Electric front windows, wing mirrors and opening sunroof. Leather (part) seats steering wheel and gear knob. At 1.8l it's more than enough for me and the suspension feels uprated. Thanks.

·
Registered
'06 MG ZR +120 (HQM) '04 MG ZR 105 (IAB)
9,434 Posts
Thank you all but I was after info on a 1.8 MG ZR+model I recently obtained.
Which exactly the information that you have been given on this thread ;)

Sadly, it appears that whoever contacted you by other means was not as 'knowledgable' as they thought they were - the Matrix seats which were standard in both the base and '+' models are vinyl with a fabric centre section. Only the Monaco style seats with the coloured inserts on the bolsters on the Mk1 ZR had leather and fabric seat facings (which your car may have had fitted as it may have had the dealer order 'Campaign Pack', or may have had them fitted by a previous owner. The Monaco style were not standard in the +).

Note, on the Monacos, it is only the seat facings that are leather; the side panels and seat backs are vinyl.

Whilst very early base model ZRs had a plastic gear knob, the same alloy and leather gear knob was fitted across the range from late 2001/early 2002.

For the time that your ZR would have been built the full list of extra spec over the base model would have been:

Front Fog Lights
Perforated Leather Steering Wheel
Electric Front Windows and Electric/Heated Door Mirrors
Electric Tilt/Slide Sunroof
Drivers Seat Lumber Support and Seat Height Adjustment
Rhodium Effect 'ZR' Badge on the tailgate (base model had a black plastic ZR badge).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts