MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of the south lot still around?

Just seen the Merseyside meet is no more, and was thinking its pretty much the same as us. I'm sorry I haven't had time to arrange anything, but you guys have always been free to set something up.

If any of you guys do fancy a meet at some point in this remaining year, please do reply and let me know! :)

·
Registered
rover_45
2,604 Posts
"Right same as always now meet down the same car park and then onto the swan inn pub as every one seems to like this, time to start wrapping up warm though as the weather will be getting colder, this will be the last event we hold here this year as will have to start looking for somewhere else to meet for the winter, but you know the drill all mg r South members are welcome in mg rovers and anything else ;) such as scene Hondas XD
Hope to see you all there

Postcode is
SO43 7GQ"

some of the usuals are still there, we have scott with the bio green 180, and paul sometimes goes too.
All the rest are fun chaps and all rovery type people!

FB group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/161296280625799/
Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/1696911023862188/

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Well the other side of Lyndhurst is too far for me. And it's on a Sunday.

Sounds like there may be scope for a Sussex group (even if it's only the two of us, Matt!); the South-East MGR group meets the wrong side of the Thames, and South has migrated too far west. And I don't do Facebook.

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I missed the meet as I was busy sadly :(

Reasonable distance too! Although I'd be willing to do it every so often. I'm more than happy to keep arranging some in Sussex when I can as we do seem to fall between the 2!

It's always been very tricky organising a meet, trying to pick somewhere everyone is happy with! Someone always has to travel further than others, I've normally been pretty lucky and its been either Goodwood or Stroud/Pompey which is great for me. Ideally we could have a Sussex group and a Hampshire group, but with the lower numbers are we likely to get a decent turn out? I guess the trick is to organise them so they don't clash?

I also prefer using the forum to organise things, but that's just preference, no reason that both can't work happily side by side. Perhaps Robin you'd be happy to act as a go between for us? Keep us posted of South meets, and vice-versa let people know when we organise one over Sussex way?

I could do November 7th or 21st If those suit any of you guys?

·
Registered
348 Posts
Sussex Meets

"NOVEMBER meets Convoy to Isfield from MG-Revival (Westham)
MG-Revival based within Westham will again have a convoy for ANY members wishing to attend at their Garage have a photo shoot and then head upto Isfield.
We will depart from MG-Revival around 12:15 to arrive at Isfield for 13:00

This group has't been going long but it's growing fast.

Sorry it's a facebook page but if you need any more info just shout :)

·
Registered
rover_45
2,604 Posts
I'll try and keep any meets I see posted on facebook in mind and post up here.
I just don't use this forum any more and I stick to facebook. the admins here all seems to be mentally retarded, and there are plenty of members around who are obviously getting some sort of perverse gratification out of the displeasure of others such as me.
Twice now I've had police show up at my house having had anonymous reports from people who have named this forum as the source of information.
Nothing has come of any of it, because I'm doing nothing wrong. They're just strange cowards, jealous or wannabe internet police wanting to feel like they've achieved something.
I have a zs180 now, dressed as a rover 45, with all sorts of naughty stuff on it. I just daren't post about it, because it'll get reported and give me more hassle.
Hence staying off this forum
And also buying a Volvo.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Sussex Meets

"NOVEMBER meets Convoy to Isfield from MG-Revival (Westham)
MG-Revival based within Westham will again have a convoy for ANY members wishing to attend at their Garage have a photo shoot and then head upto Isfield.
We will depart from MG-Revival around 12:15 to arrive at Isfield for 13:00
Well, I looked at the Facebook page but couldn't be bothered to scroll through everything to find the date. (At least with a conventional forum posting that information would be at the top.)

MG Revival do have a web presence of their own, but there's nothing there either.

So, yes, I'm shouting for more information!

·
Registered
rover_45
2,604 Posts
Well, I looked at the Facebook page but couldn't be bothered to scroll through everything to find the date. (At least with a conventional forum posting that information would be at the top.)

MG Revival do have a web presence of their own, but there's nothing there either.

So, yes, I'm shouting for more information!

Indeed, the date is at the top.
Click on "events"... It's the only one listed.

https://www.facebook.com/events/455669684620190/

·
Registered
547 Posts
Where abouts/when mate? when you say "we" any of the people who were on here?

Not a massive fan of FB groups if I'm honest.
Neither am I but that seems to be where it's at now (till something else comes along). MGRover South East & MG Rover Kent & Surrounding on FB seem good pages/sites. No match for forums but good for up to the minute discussions & meets.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts