MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
mg_zt_t
21,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over on other car enthusiasts' sites, interesting discussions on this subject confirm how I see the reality of the future for transport of people and goods.

The forceful winds of change are blowing but people are leaning in the wrong direction as a result.

German Automotive Industrial Base have BIG concerns. Consider what is written here:~

Germany is Having an Existential Crisis About Cars

Over on another web-site, one contributor sums it all up in much the same ways I would have done. I copy the whole post here :~

====

Mark my words, we are turning into a nation of robots, governed by plebiscite and orchestrated mass demonstration, with children subject to relentless one sided unreasoning propaganda. It's like the early stages of Nazi Germany.

'First they came for the car owners.....' as Bonhoeffer might have said.

Which politically exposed victim group is next?

And we, the Great British have become a nation of nodding Churchill dogs, Yes-Men, compliant sheep, ironically wearing t-shirts with slogans like 'Dare to be Different!'. Is this what Britain fought the Second World War for? It's hard to believe it is the same country.

As far as I am concerned they can stick their electric Porsches so far up their back passages that they can clean the headlights with their toothbrushes. I can't believe I am alone in that.

Technological revolution, like the Wheel, like the Bronze Age, like the Iron Age, like Steam, like the Horseless Carriage, happened because the new technology was so much better than the old that the old was redundant. These were big revolutions that affected many people. This is not the same. The 'new' (actually rather older) technology of electric drive was tried many times and found inadequate. That is why it has never been adopted. It is not better, it is demonstrably worse, nor is it in any way environmentally friendly, but we are to be forced into it because particular interest groups and their three and sixpenny politicians tell us its for our own good. And we are all supposed to adopt the Emperor's New Clothes so we can feel good about ourselves and get praise from our puppetmasters. Because that is all most of us are, puppets who do as we are told even when that means saying black is white.

All the car manufacturers are to be forced to spend many tens of billions to produce rubbish most of us don't want to buy. Who will cover their losses this time?

This is the result of political ‘correctness’. Companies do not what is commercially viable but what the politicians tell them to do. Whole industries spring up not because they serve a real need, but because the government is prepared to throw huge sums of money (our money, incidentally) at them. That is the real legacy of Tony Blair and that halfwit bully Gordon Brown. Then they crow about their successes, which are totally contrived. They fund their pet projects, and become the country's biggest customer, acting surprised when everyone agrees with them. Of course they agree with them, the customer is always right. The whole economy is rigged. And when the money runs out, as it inevitably does, because politicians are not business people, they quietly walk away, the companies are left to sink, while the politicians move on to the House of Lords. And this country, on that basis, is going to compete in the world as a trading nation? Trading what, hot air - its the only commodity we have loads of? Pull the other one.

======

How do others here see the future ?

·
Registered
ROVER 25 and a ROVER CABRIOLET
35,724 Posts
EV's will come to be eventually but we need them run on hydrogen, not batteries and until the big oil firms start developing better ways to refine it then it will be a long slog.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts