MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Administrator
31,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jason Plato has kindly offered to answer some questions (or opened himself open to abuse, depending on your point of view). Simply post it here and when he's next on the site, he'll answer what he can :)

·
Administrator
31,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'll start off..

What attracted you to the MG & 888 MG6 BTCC package, was it the car, the brand, 888 or a combination of all 3?

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Mmmm, mines is sort of two questions...

Which BTCC driver past or present have you most enjoyed competing against and why?

·
Registered
rover_75
6,031 Posts
What engine is under the bonnet and who are building it.

Does it have any commonality with the car / engine its based on.

·
Registered
13,101 Posts
Jason,

You seem to have one of the more competative personalities in motorsport, but has it helped you in races to become even more focussed and determined or to ease off and let the speed come naturally?

And lastly, how does your mindset differ during qualifying and race day?

Many Thanks,
Dean.

·
Registered
mg_zt
1,311 Posts
Do you have any experience of the vanilla/road spec MG6? What do you think of it? Does the road spec car have any influence over how you feel about driving a race spec version?

·
Administrator
31,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What engine is under the bonnet and who are building it.

Does it have any commonality with the car / engine its based on.
I can answer that one now - its the standard TOCA engine, they haven't ruled out an MG race engine in the future, but right now, the TOCA engine is really the only option given the time frame to the start of the season.

·
Registered
24,543 Posts
I can answer that one now - its the standard TOCA engine, they haven't ruled out an MG race engine in the future, but right now, the TOCA engine is really the only option given the time frame to the start of the season.
That is contrary to what MG have said on their own site?

So maybe that is one such question which needs clarification.

·
Registered
14,111 Posts
While in the stands at a days of thunder race at rockingham back in 2002 im pretty sure i watched you win a race crossing the line backwards, did i imagine this?

·
Registered
746 Posts
Hi Jason,
Do you enjoy meeting the press and the hangers on (like me!) on days like today, or is it just one of those necessary chores you have to fulfill for the sponsors and the like?

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Did you have offers to join MG during there last factory effort (01-03)?
Did you enjoy racing against the WSR ZS's of Reid and Turkington?

1 - 20 of 77 Posts