MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I've posted this under the "Computer Games" level as it could be on either PS or Xbox.

Has anyone played them?
What do you think?

I don't know why, the series just clicks with me and I can't get enough of them!
The story is well written and sucks you in, the detail in the worlds are superb.

I've played Since AC2 and have played everyone available on Xbox 360 excluding Liberation.

I think the music is incredible, one of the best soundtracks to a game series ever written. Favourites being AC2 & AC:Black Flag!

I especially like the fact that the story is so well researched and intertwined with real facts throughout history.

Examples:
The "Great Earthquake" in Lisbon
Da Vinci's flying machine
The Pazzi Conspiracy
Mary Reid
Queen Anne's Revenge.

I've finished all of them excluding Rogue which I started recently, having just finished Black Flag.

Some of my favourite highlights:

-Seeing Renaissance Italy for the first time and exploring Florence. Getting to the viewpoints and sync'ing was stunning.
-The story, it lost its way a little in places but throughout its been great.
-Epic Soundtrack, nuff' said!
-Ship battles (AC:BlackFlag), including boarding the enemy vessel, so satisfying

Any thoughts/discussions? I don't know anyone who actively plays them or enjoys them as much as I do! :lol:

·
Registered
25,606 Posts
My missus is into them, Indeed I bought her the latest one for a Christmas pressie. I tried to get into it and completed one of them but it isn't really my thing. I worry about my missus's love of creeping up behind people and stabbing them, she seems to enjoy it too much!

·
Registered
349 Posts
I like the storys for the games, but the cluster muck that is Assassins Creed Unity has probably killed the series.

Now they have improved performance it's not as bad, but even with all the changes they've made it's pretty much the same as the others.

Sure the opponents don't wait their turn anymore, but it's still very easy to parry even if you are in the middle of a move.

I've died more for sure, but you often fight more people.

They have a lot of work to do if the series is going to survive.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Got all the games thing there the nuts all tho I thought the new one on xbox one would have a lot better graphics etc the crowds still seem very unrealistic in actions and still get a lot of slow down in built up areas on the xbox one. Of course all the games are similar how can they be made much different bearing in mind from first game your following the same story? Are all the driving games and COD, GTA all the same as each other

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I haven't played Unity yet, as I don't have a Xbox One, but I did read all about the screw ups throughout. I have yet to judge it, but I must admit the setting is one of my least favourites. Has anyone seen the setting for the next Assassin's Creed? It was leaked and confirmed a few weeks back that it is going to be Victorian London! That sounds like it could be very interesting!

AC3 seems to be a dividing point for many. I enjoyed it, but admit it wasn't as good as those before it. I however did enjoy the sailing side of things, but that seemed to be one of the most complained about attributes, that and Connor! :lol:

I think AC:Black Flag was a return to form gameplay wise and character wise, I really enjoyed Kenway's character and his development throughout. It did however feel more like a Pirate game set in the Assassin's Creed universe. I think it helped flesh out the story and I did certainly enjoy it, but am pleased that AC:Rogue brings the Assassin/Templar story back in to focus. I'm not sure what to make of playing as a Templar so far, but am enjoying the game immensely. It's very well polished and I'm enjoying Shay's dodgy Irish accent :lol:

Anyone played Rogue?

To be far, I think they have done a good job of keeping things fresh but not screwing up the core gameplay elements. When you have a massive franchise its so easy to "sit on it" and not evolve it, I think they've done a good job so far.

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
I have played all of them from the First upto Unity.

Absolutley loved the first one and it got me hooked.
Really enjoyed playing all of them.. Except Unity.

Black flag was a complete game changer. Loved every second of it, and 100% sync'd the game.. kept going back for more.
I was hoping Unity would be something as exciting or interesting.. but tbh I am majorly dissapointed with it. Black flag showed the possibilties of the game and what the game makers could do, and then Unity was a massive step back.. Just in a big built up city again, nothing new or interesting or different.. Same few scenarios. The gameplay is horrendously laggy and glitcy. The coop (on the Xbox One at least) is horrdendusly laggy again and bugs galore. On a plus note the armour/equipment thing is fairly good, but is glaringly obvious its designed to tempt people to spend real life money to get upgrades quicker.
As for the setting, it feels like there are far too many members of the public for the game. Its impossible to run past people.. the lag increases with the masses of people, and tbh I just dont like the layout of Paris. I know its supposed to be the revolution etc but meh.

Genuingly tempted to trade it in for black flag for the Xbox One to enjoy playing something again

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
I have played all of them from the First upto Unity.

Absolutley loved the first one and it got me hooked.
Really enjoyed playing all of them.. Except Unity.

Black flag was a complete game changer. Loved every second of it, and 100% sync'd the game.. kept going back for more.
I was hoping Unity would be something as exciting or interesting.. but tbh I am majorly dissapointed with it. Black flag showed the possibilties of the game and what the game makers could do, and then Unity was a massive step back.. Just in a big built up city again, nothing new or interesting or different.. Same few scenarios. The gameplay is horrendously laggy and glitcy. The coop (on the Xbox One at least) is horrdendusly laggy again and bugs galore. On a plus note the armour/equipment thing is fairly good, but is glaringly obvious its designed to tempt people to spend real life money to get upgrades quicker.
As for the setting, it feels like there are far too many members of the public for the game. Its impossible to run past people.. the lag increases with the masses of people, and tbh I just dont like the layout of Paris. I know its supposed to be the revolution etc but meh.

Genuingly tempted to trade it in for black flag for the Xbox One to enjoy playing something again
Think you would like the "rouge" add on its a mix of the new one plus black flag videos on youtube looks sweet

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep if you liked Black Flag, you'll like Rogue. I like the fact that you can be ambushed by enemies laying in weight. (Gang members, but basically Assassins).

There is still plenty of Naval warfare if desired, but there is more of the typical Assassin's creed play included as well, Wandering round New York is good. I have a feeling its a very short game though. I'm 52% of the way through now and the story has got into the swing of things, but I feel its going to end all to suddenly, especially as according to the Progress tracker there is only 7/8 Sequences.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Yep if you liked Black Flag, you'll like Rogue. I like the fact that you can be ambushed by enemies laying in weight. (Gang members, but basically Assassins).

There is still plenty of Naval warfare if desired, but there is more of the typical Assassin's creed play included as well, Wandering round New York is good. I have a feeling its a very short game though. I'm 52% of the way through now and the story has got into the swing of things, but I feel its going to end all to suddenly, especially as according to the Progress tracker there is only 7/8 Sequences.
Is that 360 only?

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I might have to give it a look actually!

Have put my 360 away though.. so will be an effort dusting it off again :lol:
Did you do it?

I would recommend it. Played more, turns out only 6 Memory Sequences, one of which only has 2 ruddy missions in it! Lots to do outside the missions though. The game world is big like Black Flag, but has more variation. North Atlantic, which is where the main ship battles occur and you take on Man of Wars and Forts etc...
Along with Settlements, Animus Fragments, Ship Wrecks (Not sunken ones though!) and more.

Then you have River Valley, which you use the ship to navigate smaller waterways, Man o' Wars can't get in to the River Valley, so its small ship battles and lots of towns. Think of AC3 Frontier crossed with AC Black Flag towns.

Finally you have New York, which is similar to the AC3 New York, but more built up and not run down like it is in AC3.

You have gang hideouts throughout the 3 regions, which along with Forts, act as the "region control post" similar to how Forts worked in Black Flag. You have to cut down the flag, kill the Gang leader and sometimes perform additional tasks to take over the gang hideout and take control of the zone.

I've done half of New York, and less than half of River Valley & North Atlantic. Lots of settlements to do tasks at and collectables to find. You need plenty of resources for your ship and building upgrades, so would recommend taking any opportunity to bulk out your supplies ASAP. Although I found the Morrigan to be much weaker than the Jackdaw.

Story is good, and its nice to see things from an Assassin turned Templar, but I think some of the things the Assassin's get upto in the game don't overly fit in with the previous games.

--SPOILER--

The Gas attacks are something the Templars are more likely to do from previous games. Trying to control the population through gas.

--END SPOILER--

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Highly recommend it, the only downsides I've found so far are it seems a short game (main mission wise) and the accents are very... odd. :lol:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts