MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The MG HS has been launched in China.

This is the car that MG hope will take their brand more upmarket.

"Hormone SUV" (HS)

The MG HS officially listed for sale at 11.98-18.98 million yuan / 2 kinds of power 9 models

Recently, SAIC MG's new compact SUV MG HS was officially launched, the new car launched a total of 9 models, priced at 11.98-18.98 million. The new car model uses the MG family design, the overall visual effect of the atmosphere. In the power section, the new car is powered by 1.5T and 2.0T turbocharged engines with maximum power of 124kW and 170kW.

New car highlights:

1, the family style design is very strong

2, the interior workmanship is exquisitely configured

3, 2.0T models equipped with four-wheel drive system and curve dynamic control system

In terms of appearance, the MG HS adopts a typical family design, and the shape of the lattice grille connected with the headlights is very familiar. In addition, the full LED headlights of MG HS use two-color LED technology, and the fog light area, front lip, car side and window profile are decorated with bright silver trim, which is more refined.

On the side of the body , the MG HS shows a full-bodied muscle under the outline of the waistline. The roof is flat and straight, giving a comfortable head space. The red brake calipers and the large double-spoke rims are quite suitable. Performance taste. The body size of the MG HS is 4574mm × 1876mm × 1664mm and the wheelbase is 2720mm. The shape of the rear is very full, and there is a silver guard under the rear bumper . The tails of the two sides are also very sporty.

In the interior, the MG HS features a two-tone interior color scheme, a centrally suspended large screen combined with a full LCD instrument layout, a sporty seat and an integrated one-button start-up flat-bottom steering wheel with red stitching. In addition, it is equipped with an ambient light that changes color and brightness with the music while interacting with the large screen.

n terms of interior configuration, the new car comes standard with many configurations, such as one-button start, one-button entry, intelligent start-stop, electronic parking, automatic parking , automatic air conditioning, BOSE audio, main and sub-drive power seat adjustment, and seat material Built for leather/Alcantara blends for maximum comfort. At the same time, the front seat heating , rearview mirror heating, automatic folding, four-window one-key lifting, electric tailgate and other configurations are equipped.

In the power section, the new car is powered by 1.5T and 2.0T turbocharged engines with maximum power of 124kW and 170kW and maximum torque of 250Nm and 360Nm. In terms of transmission, the 1.5T model is matched with a 7-speed dual-clutch gearbox . The 2.0T model is matched with a 6-speed dual-clutch gearbox and is equipped with a four-wheel drive system and a dynamic control system for the curve. The acceleration per 100 km is only 7.5 s.

Competitor:

From the positioning and level, the main competitors of the MG HS will be the same main boutiques of the Lectra 01 and WEY VV5 . The configuration of the MG HS is different from the two, but the price of the MG is more than that of the gram. Cheap. And the 2.0T engine equipped with the MG HS has more advantages in terms of power and torque. The four-wheel drive system and the dynamic control system of the curve are very tempting for the young consumers who love to control.

Edit Comment:

The MG brand has been one of the best-performing brands in the young and personalized part in recent years. The MG 's unique personality design, exquisite interior and good configuration make it have a good price/performance ratio. The MG HS is making a big fuss in the power and control section. In addition to some self-owned brand competitors, the MG HS is also in a tough position for some joint venture compact SUVs .

Source URL:

http://news.bitauto.com/xinchexiaoxi/20180916/2008170056.html

Cheers..

·
Registered
11,853 Posts
Another new model again with no mention of AEBS or LKA or whatever each company calls them these days.

All the current models have been criticised for safety score because of the lack of autonomous driving aids.

When will they start adding stuff like this to increase the safety scores.

Again engines have been criticised so much and progress has been so slow to put on better engines and better emissions and fuel consumptiom.

Agaim I expect we will only get the one engine here and only 2 wheel drive.

·
Registered
11,853 Posts
Also odd that we haven't seen any mules photos of the HS unless they are getting better at keeping them out of the limelight.

·
Registered
mg_tf
618 Posts
Good Morning Simcor.

no mention of AEBS or LKA

Just curious, do you currently drive a car with these features, and do you want them in your cars? For me personally their absence would be irrelevant, and I wonder in how many purchases they would represent the deciding factor.
Cheers!!

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
I really like the interior, but the rest is just dull.

·
Registered
11,853 Posts
Good Morning Simcor.

no mention of AEBS or LKA

Just curious, do you currently drive a car with these features, and do you want them in your cars? For me personally their absence would be irrelevant, and I wonder in how many purchases they would represent the deciding factor.
Cheers!!
No I don't have them as I have a 3.

For me it isn't a deciding factor either, but it's what reporters comment on and safety organisations applaud.

Quite common on a lot of vehicles now in fact AEBS has to be standard on all trucks from 2016 from memory, won't be long before it is mandatory on cars too.

I drive trucks with and without currently and they are useful to an extent but I also don't drive expecting them to absolve me of concentration and to save me in a potential situation.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I love it!! The dash looks so cool, as far as I know you only get a speedo like that on high end Merc's and the like!! If the price is right this well defo be my next motor, cant wait to see it over here maybe it will be released at the London Motor show next May!?!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts