MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and a few members from another site or two and thinking of having a meet some time in the 'summer' over in the beacons. And doing that road top gear voted one of the best in the UK.

No planned route or dates yet, but anyone interested, or got any local knowledge of the best roads in the beacons?

Be a few metros, and couple of T-series motors

·
Registered
929 Posts
I could be interested. I always used to go for a blast round that way. Not the same now I an in an auto. Lol but still a lush drive when the weather is good.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hi D1ng.

Great idea to go over the Brecon's be glad to join in. Two roads that might be usefull, one up from Merthyr to Brecon, not the main road, the one that goes near the narrow gauge railway. The other is the road that takes in the Distillery. (I am new to this part of the world and this may not be the Brecon that you are thinking of?)

Just one question, do you have any influence with the great rain God? I am thinking of buying one of those Amphicars if it does not stop raining soon!:rofl:

Let me know your thinking and I will see if I can add anything. (There is a small MX5 group in Usk, would a combined outing be worth a thought?) (Yep I got one of those as well!)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts