MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
It's a good looking car that one, be interesting to see how much it sells for, knowing what price he wants for it I doubt it will get anywhere near, but a nice car all the same.

·
Registered
cityrover
2,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a good looking car that one, be interesting to how much it sells for, knowing what price he wants for it I doubt it will get anywhere near, but a nice car all the same.
time will tell....

NB I too will keep a look out...

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
He seems to know little, if anything, about the FDH model or surely he would have mentioned it in the ad. It seems to have BRM alloys on it for some reason. Reserve not met at the current bid of £1750, difficult to judge the realistic value but punters can't be too far off at the moment surely.

There is currently a silver 1998 1.6SE with 20k on it on Auto Trader. Guy is asking £3600.

·
Registered
cityrover
2,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
He seems to know little, if anything, about the FDH model or surely he would have mentioned it in the ad. It seems to have BRM alloys on it for some reason. Reserve not met at the current bid of £1750, difficult to judge the realistic value but punters can't be too far off at the moment surely.

There is currently a silver 1998 1.6SE with 20k on it on Auto Trader. Guy is asking £3600.
a good plan for him as a seller would be to visit his GP,

as maybe his doctor could help in a couple of ways, firstly a fix for his possible mental confusion & secondly a more suitable price to sell his `Tomcat' for lol,

but in fairness, I'll wait for someone to say, well you can't be so sure!!...... lol.....

·
Registered
cityrover
2,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The current bid of £1750 is apparently nowhere near the reserve price.
& also (r***r) 276 *, is red hot keen for it (if he can find or beat the reserve amount/price.... you never know lol),

NB problem with auctions I find, is that its easy to get carried away with the bidding, then ending up paying to much for the item or also in fairness, not being able to bid enough, hence loosing the chance to win the item to other bidders, both are common ways of loosing out....!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
My mark 1 is also up on ebay. Currently at £1700. Some here Will remember my black mark 1 which got wrote of by a skoda in Feb :-( insurance pay out was £1500 with 166k on clock mind I did spend a load maintaining him.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts