MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
mg_tf
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

I own a 2004 MG TF and as all MG owners know the interior is 99.9% plastic. The colour of my plastic is a dark grey.

My question is that after 12 years the interior plastic is looking a little old. Is there a polish, treatment I can do, that can bring the plastic back to life (showroom finish) or am I the ultimate optimist?

Regards

Robert

·
Registered
10,157 Posts
Try giving the interior a good once-over with some baby wipes. They will shift a load of ingrained dirt which in itself will improve the look of the plastics before you consider any further conditioning. Cheap 'value' wipes wok fine.

·
Registered
ROVER 25 and a ROVER CABRIOLET
35,804 Posts
I just wipe my plastics with a damp cloth rinsed in warm water with
a little sugar soap then I use CAR PLAN dash shine, the citrus one,
always looks good, AUTO GLYM does a great product but the car
plan is cheaper. ;)

·
Registered
cityrover
1 Posts
Try giving the interior a good once-over with some baby wipes. They will shift a load of ingrained dirt which in itself will improve the look of the plastics before you consider any further conditioning. Cheap 'value' wipes wok fine.
That's right. But it would be great if you replace with a new one since after 12 years.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
I realise this is an old post, but autoglym 'rubber & vinyl care' is brilliant! I've been using it for a year or so on my coupe to get a 'black' finish back on the plastics & rubber. I tried it last weekend on the girlfriends 9 year old Fiat Punto which looks like it hasnt been washed properly in a few years (plastics were grey) & it brought them back to black on just 2 applications! :) (spray once, buff off, then spray second time) :)

It is suitable for both interior & exterior - so I would give it a try if still needed.

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
I bought an early MG maestro (day 1 car) which had what I thought was an unusual buff interior, turned out it was grey but years of heavy smoking had given it a nice overtone.

·
Registered
mgf
8 Posts
Hi, go online look for a product called gtechniq permanent trim restorer, this stuff is expensive but I guarantee it will look like it's just come out of the showroom, it last for 3 years you can use it on interior and exterior plastic, wipe first with 50/50 isopropyl and water with a lint free cloth and then apply the gtechniq , it comes with applicators you only need a very small amount, I've used this product on customers cars and there eyes nearly fall out when they see the results, you can watch a demo on you tube. Hope this helps????

1 - 8 of 8 Posts