MG-Rover.org Forums banner

61 - 80 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
5,423 Posts
Can't pick one so going to list a few ;)

Older games... Sonic 2 chewed up hours of my life.. as did Transport Tycoon, Theme Hospital and Command and Conquer Red Alert!

Newer games... Psychonauts.. AMAZING. And Bioshock.

For Multiplayer.. definitely Halo for me!

·
Registered
483 Posts
Can't believe no one has mentioned Doom or Duke nukem the best classic FPS imo. Can't beat classic Zelda on the nes or the original Final fantasy although no 7 was the best of the bunch. There are too many quailty games that have been made over the years, think i would struggle to pick a favorite, maybe Dizzy or settlers on my old amiga :) good times lol

·
Registered
9,217 Posts
metal gear solid. if I wasnt meeting the gf tonight, I'd go home and play it till tomorrow morning.. just like the good ole days..

·
Registered
mg_zs
597 Posts
For me Final fantasy 7 i just couldnt stop playing it...

I loved Flashback (megadrive)
Brokensword
Tombraider
Ikari Warriors (amiga)
The humans (amiga)

There are a few games that got me hooked over the years most of them mentioned in this thread :broon:

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Grand Theft Auto 3, Tomb Raider 2, Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow, Call Of Duty 4 and Medal of Honor: Allied Assault for me :)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Reviving this just to post one game, which I am astounded no-one has mentioned.
Sensible (aka Sensi) Soccer on the Amiga. Playing FIFA '11 with its myriad key combinations, tweekable computer assistance and floaty players just makes me pine for the all consuming simplicity of Sensi, especially in Career mode, and even more in two player. I'm only thankful that, in the mid 90s, online play didn't exist. If an online version had existed then, I doubt I would never have have gone out, and I've often wondered what the emulated online version is like now. Perhaps though that is an itch left unscratched.

·
Registered
3,302 Posts
I like Final Fantasy Cristal of Cronicals for the Game Cube, in multi-player you used a gameboy advance as the controller and the start menu was displayed in the display of the GBA, me and my best friend litterally couldnt stop playing it untill we completed it.

The idea of using two consoles at the same time was just cool.

And also, The Legends of Zelder.

·
Registered
593 Posts
For the consoles I own:

Master System : Mortal Combat
Megadrive: Jurassic Park
Mega CD: Sonic CD
SNES: Super Mario World
N64: Rogue Squardron
GameCube: Burnout
Xbox: Forza Motorsport
Xbox 360: Forza Motorsport 3, Burnout Paradise
PlayStation Portable: Gran Turismo,Socom Fireteam Bravo 3, MGS: Peace Walker
PS1: Gran Turismo 1, Gran Turismo 2, F1 97, Colin McRae Rally 2
PS2: Gran Turismo 3, Gran Turismo 4, Tourist Trophy, Colin McRae Rally 2005, ToCA Race Driver 3.
PS3: Gran Turismo 5, Socom Confrontation, Metal Gear Solid 4, Burnout Paradise
PC: Grand Prix 2 (can't play this anymore, need DOS and Vista don't have DOS)

EDIT:
Saturn: Sega Rally Championship
Dreamcast: F355 Ferrari Challenge

(I just saw what others I had.... oops)

·
Registered
rover_200_coupe
2,261 Posts
Consoles I've owned

Master System - Sonic
Megadrive - Desert Strike
SNES - Street Fighter 2
3DO - Return Fire
N64 - Goldeneye
Dreamcast - Shenmue
Xbox - Halo
Xbox 360 - Gears of War 2

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Now i've had my 360 a few years i have a few more favourites to add:
-Mass Effect 1 + 2
-Bioshock 2 (i know most people prefer the first and dislike the second, but it was so good, i filled my boots on the plasmids just letting everything kill each other while i watched on).
-Elder Scrolls Oblivion, i only just got to this last month and it is such a mahoosive game, but once you invest a few hours you're hooked!
-Batman Arkham Asylum - the protagonist being so damn cool elevated the game way up beyond most other similar games.

And i forgot to mention Second Sight on the gamecube. It was awesome, but seemed to slip under the radar.

Cheers, James

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Half Life, Gran Turismo 2, GTA 3, all expectional games...

...but best game ever has to go to Goldeneye on the N64.

For multi-player capabilities, I'd have to go for Counter Strike on the PC.

61 - 80 of 89 Posts