MG-Rover.org Forums banner

Best K-series for a rwd application?

16K views 32 replies 10 participants last post by  philfloyd 
#1 ·
I'm hoping to drop a K into my MG Midget next summer, my old 1275cc is burning oil quicker than it drinks petrol! What should I be looking for in the purchase of an engine? I want the VVC unit for more power, but I'm told by others if i want to be making a lot of power I'm best going for normal 1.8 and then using throttle bodies and an emerald ecu but then we're getting expensive...

I know what I need to do to the car to make it ready for the engine but havent a clue how to prepare an engine for this conversion having never attempted anything like this :)

Its a 1973 chrome bumper model if anyone's interested, I've nabbed some 4pot calipers and big disks from a racing midget which stop it well, althought the suspension will need coverting to telescopic shocks all round.

http://www.mgcars.org.uk/cgi-bin/gen5?runprog=mgoc&a=&p=emg/newdawn.html

Above is the dream MG Midget, V8 with AWD and looks so nice :) The guy who built is must love it.

See less See more
#32 ·
No it fits in a round nose! you have to mod exhaust manifold and move alternator..

My frame is made to fit a round nose.. i am using a clubby so i can have a full size rad as i am going to race the ass of it!

this is not mine.. but an example of on in STD length round nose

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.