Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
mg_zs
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am unfortunately writing this to warn members of the forum to avoid this guy like the plague. He sold me 2 new suspension assemblies for the front of my 2.0ltd mg zs. The first time he sent me rover suspension and when I rang up to ask why he claimed this was was mislabelled.
I paid 80 to have these installed. A week later I had to travel to Birmingham to resolve this issue. Paid another 80 to a garage to install up there and turns out that the passenger side strut is a modified drivers side strut and although it seemed to fit it still isn't right.
I am now getting yelled at and told to come down for a fight. I have aspergers syndrome and find it hard to deal with situations like this. Trading standards have advised I send a letter recorded delivery but I need my car sorted before the 19th for an event I'm attending.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am unfortunately writing this to warn members of the forum to avoid this guy like the plague. He sold me 2 new suspension assemblies for the front of my 2.0ltd mg zs. The first time he sent me rover suspension and when I rang up to ask why he claimed this was was mislabelled.
I paid 80 to have these installed. A week later I had to travel to Birmingham to resolve this issue. Paid another 80 to a garage to install up there and turns out that the passenger side strut is a modified drivers side strut and although it seemed to fit it still isn't right.
I am now getting yelled at and told to come down for a fight. I have aspergers syndrome and find it hard to deal with situations like this. Trading standards have advised I send a letter recorded delivery but I need my car sorted before the 19th for an event I'm attending.
I work for Best of British and have for the last 18+ years. I am not Ron who specifically dealt with your order, but i know all about it, and i would like to put our side across. Slander is pretty serious.

Anyone can post something on the internet, and that is partly the problem. Someone posts something, someone else reads it and so it must be true. Starting at the beginning pstan ordered a pair of Rover 45 shock absorbers over the phone. He ordered them as Rover 45 as he had seen our listing on eBay (labelled as Rover 45, and specifically NOT ZS). Upon receiving the shocks pstan then contacted us to say that they were incorrect, and when questioned why we were told he had fitted them to an MG ZS, and that he read they were the same from Rimmer bros website, which is why he ordered them. This is not the first time a customer has taken Rimmers catalogue as gospel and received the wrong item. Even though pstan knew the shocks were incorrect, HE STILL FITTED THEM. this leaves us with a pair of new shocks which are now used, but without any quibble we offered to take them back for a refund. Then started the whole saga of him wanting to come over and swap the units for some theoretical ones that would have to be modified. We only had one side ZS in stock, and after exhausting our cotacts trying to source the other side, our only option for him was to convert a unit for use on the other side. After recently moving premises our workshop and tools are all over the place, so doing this proved as frustrating for us as it was for pstan to stand about waiting. We helped as much as we could in the time we had, and while being put on the spot for something that was not originally our fault.

There is no reason as to why the modified shocker would do as you are saying, unless fitment was done incorrectly. The only modification was the bracket which holds the brake pipe.

Now, finally, to our phone call this morning. At the end of the day, it is your word against ours, but overhearing the conversation, it was you who started shouting down the phone first and threatening to do x y or z. You were told not to shout abuse over the phone and to drive over and do it face to face, nothing about fighting was said on this end. None of which really matters anyway. We tried to help you, and went out of our way to get you out of trouble for a mistake that you made. Even this morning you were told to send the other units back for a refund as we have just had enough of receiving the blame for this order.

I'm not here to argue, i'm here to put our side of this story across and for people who read this to make their own mind up. We have hundreds, if not thousands of happy returning customers and we try our best for the small company that we are. We have no time for customers with attitude and they will receive the same level of attitude back, which most can't take.

·
Registered
mg_zs
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've attached a call recording absolutely disgusting way to speak to people. Not sure if it will attach

·
In the Garage
MG TF
32,915 Posts
I have closed the thread as this isn’t the place to sort out disputes and to stop anything of this nature getting out of hand.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.