MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning,

the other day i purchased a dreamcast, always wanted one so i finnaly decided to spend a few pounds on a dreamcast.

however when i have got the unit it has only come with the ariel cable.

as we are now in 2010 and hd tvs are out, i cannot seem to get it to work with my TV,

does anyone know how to set it up? ive tried autoscan and a manual scan but it doesnt seem to be picking up anything.

also does anyone know if perhaps another cable i.e a gamecube scart would work as i saw this mentioned on the net but i cant find the site it mentioned it on.

any help will be very much appreciated

·
Premium Member
6,527 Posts
Game Cube one does work, i use mine every now and again, but if your going to buy one... just buy a dreamcast one haha

·
Registered
593 Posts
Nice purchase of the Dreamcast.

I have the AV lead for mine, but I think the wires have broke inside it as the picture distorts and looses colour, so using the RF cable atm, as I still have an old CRT for consoles like my Dreamcast, Megadrive, Master System, SNES and N64.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Trouble is, HD has ruined my eyesight and SD looks so poor now, that I have been HD for 3 years. ;)

What games did you get for your Dreamcast?

·
Premium Member
6,527 Posts
Trouble is, HD has ruined my eyesight and SD looks so poor now, that I have been HD for 3 years. ;)

What games did you get for your Dreamcast?
all hail emulators! :p

Love how you can clean up old games and have them at higher resolutions etc!

Even on the Xbox, last night i played and finished Sonic 1, Sonic 2, and half way through sonic 3 haha

LOOOOOVING IT haha

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
all hail emulators! :p

Love how you can clean up old games and have them at higher resolutions etc!

Even on the Xbox, last night i played and finished Sonic 1, Sonic 2, and half way through sonic 3 haha

LOOOOOVING IT haha
Crazy Taxi FTW!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well got the dreamcast, went to use the gamecube cable and what do ya know.. doesnt fit in the console,

but however after a couple hours crimbo morning, i managed to tune it to the TV

the games i got were:

Crazy Taxi 2
Jet set radio
Quake 3
Toy story 2
Chu Chu Rocket
Sonic Adventure

few good ones came with the console but ebay will provide me with many more for £1.99 :respect:

·
Registered
593 Posts
Well got the dreamcast, went to use the gamecube cable and what do ya know.. doesnt fit in the console,

but however after a couple hours crimbo morning, i managed to tune it to the TV

the games i got were:

Crazy Taxi 2
Jet set radio
Quake 3
Toy story 2
Chu Chu Rocket
Sonic Adventure

few good ones came with the console but ebay will provide me with many more for £1.99 :respect:
Tune it into 36 when finding a channel. All consoles are this. Yes even current generation are.

I have the wheel for my Dreamcast, oh yeah!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
its really a shame that they discontinued this console it has so much potential.

does anyone know if they still have any servers up for online? as i wouldnt say no to getting the broadband adapter and kick some ass on quake 3

if anyone has a spare scart cable for the dreamcast and they want to get rid of it let me know i may be interested as the picture from the RF cable is terrible.

Also what games are worth getting?

·
Premium Member
6,527 Posts
Some servers are still active, but not many at all haha

Also, quake 3 arena is now on XBL so could try that if u really wanted it ;)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i got a ps3 so if they release that then i may get that but its not like it would be on the dreamcast.

guess il just be fighting bots.

·
Registered
593 Posts
If you can pick up Ferrari F355 Challenge, fantastic game.

Shenmue 1 and 2 are well worth pickking up too, but hard to find, as I need to get them too.

My scart cable for my Dreamcast is broken, so I got the old 14 inch CRT TV out for it, as well as for my SNES, N64, Master System, Megadrive/CD and Saturn are too. Oh and PS1. The later consoles (Xbox, GameCude, PS2, X360 and PS3) are on my HDTV.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i find though with the rf cable i am getting a lot of white lines on the screen, i guess the cable has slowly deterioated (excuse poor spelling)

looks like ebay will be finding me a scart

1 - 18 of 18 Posts