MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Live on ITV4 and ITV4 HD at 11am 21/10/12.

Right then no bickering about boost and other nonsense, lets leave that in the other thread shall we and enjoy the racing? :)

That was bit of a shock pole from TOC.

Plato 5th, decent effort and could of probably gone quicker if it wasn't for the off into the kitty litter at paddock hill bend, he's carrying +36kg into race 1, Shedden is 7th carrying +45kg and Neal is 3rd carrying +27kg.

The MG's are carrying a horrid but for a good cause Cancer Research UK livery, text MGKX99 £1 to 70070 to donate £1 (plus network charges).

·
Administrator
54,941 Posts
And put into context, he said that after saying that they threw some radical changes at the car which didn't work.

Put the two together and its entirely different.

·
Registered
115 Posts
And put into context, he said that after saying that they threw some radical changes at the car which didn't work.

Put the two together and its entirely different.
Ah good, I had just turned it on to find out the results and saw him make that comment, I wondered what the hell had happened and thought he'd practically resigned on air!
Overall though not a bad result at all considering its a new car and they have done so little testing.

·
Registered
cityrover
7,559 Posts
I am really pleased for Shedden, he deserved the championship and should of won it last year. About time he won it me thinks :broon:. Plato was much to cocky at the last meeting saying the MG6 is the best chassis in Motorsport. We all knew that wasn't true as it is a 'turd' in the wet. Also on tighter tracks it is not as good as the Honda's due to the longer wheelbase. Honda Civic has the best all round chassis in my opinion, anyone who has been watching it this season will probably agree.

·
Registered
rover_75
6,031 Posts
Ah good, I had just turned it on to find out the results and saw him make that comment, I wondered what the hell had happened and thought he'd practically resigned on air!
Overall though not a bad result at all considering its a new car and they have done so little testing.
Considering Plato probably brought more money to the team than MG themselves I doubt thats hardly likely.

Is more likely Plato will not be driving an MG next year if 888 can find a better chassis / co-sponsor.

·
Administrator
54,941 Posts
If rumours are to be believed there may be 4 MG's on the grid next year. 2 888 works cars and two satellite cars supported by 888.

Works cars will be driven by Jason and Andy.

·
Registered
11,387 Posts
If rumours are to be believed there may be 4 MG's on the grid next year. 2 888 works cars and two satellite cars supported by 888.

That could be embarrassing for Andy :err:

·
Registered
319 Posts

I'd place my money on it being ES Racing out of any of the current teams! As they brought the current Vectras direct from 888, and they are good enough (Newsham anyway) to run at the front to help battle with the H**da's

Hopefully for next year Jason and Andy will get new cars made from fresh shells rather than (if its true) ex-development cars (which might be part of Andy's problems if his shell is slightly out!) And get some good pre-season testing

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I am really pleased for Shedden, he deserved the championship and should of won it last year. About time he won it me thinks :broon:. Plato was much to cocky at the last meeting saying the MG6 is the best chassis in Motorsport. We all knew that wasn't true as it is a 'turd' in the wet. Also on tighter tracks it is not as good as the Honda's due to the longer wheelbase. Honda Civic has the best all round chassis in my opinion, anyone who has been watching it this season will probably agree.
I reckon that they should think about using the MG5 chassis as it will help them with the corners like you say..

The smaller car also becomes less of a target when people are trying to tap you off the track.

Cheers..

·
Registered
cityrover
7,559 Posts
I reckon that they should think about using the MG5 chassis as it will help them with the corners like you say..

The smaller car also becomes less of a target when people are trying to tap you off the track.

Cheers..
Totally agree there, but that car is sadly a few years away. MG are wasting time launching a 'BTCC edition' MG6 instead of developing the MG5 faster.

·
Registered
14,111 Posts

Andy Neate is bought himself another year :lol: does the guy have no pride?

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Good effort from MG/888 considering, hopefully they will do some testing and improve the car over the winter, I don't agree that they should switch to the 5 as all the data they have built up this season would then become redundant.

On to the racing, wasn't that happy about Plato using Shedden as brake in race 2 causing Collard to be punted out, I think Newsham turned in on Plato but then Plato should of left a bit of room.

I'm not sure if I've ever criticised Andy Neate before in the MG (probably have when he was in the BMW or Ford), but lets face it without his contribution MG probably would not of been on the grid this season however that move coming back on track was terrible and even if he was judged to be out of control still caused some serious damage.

Plato's comments about the 6 being a turd and Ian Harrison about not understanding that NGTC thing that had me shaking my head, but as I'm no fan of NGTC I can understand.

The secondary market for NGTC spec cars and engines is about disappear as the STCC is going to re-unife with the TTA after the year long split and adopt the TTA rules, space frame silhouettes ugh.

You know I should be happy considering it was a Honda clean-sweep but I'm not really, only really pleased Shedden finally won. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts