MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Washout like last year maybe?

Tom Onslow-Cole leaves Team HARD for Airwaves Motorbase.

AmD out due to money issues, Team HARD doing the usual arrive and drive packages for some new drivers.

Live qualifying on http://www.itv.com/btcc/live/ from around 15:40 onwards Saturday 14th September.

Live race day coverage on ITV4/ITV4 HD and itv.com Sunday 15th September, 10:45 - 17:45.

Provisional BTCC race times:

Race 1 - 11:27
Race 2 - 14:02
Race 3 - 16:50

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Not a brilliant weekend for MG but at least they got some points. Impressed with Tordoff, he gets better with every race.

·
Registered
11,387 Posts
Not a brilliant weekend for MG but at least they got some points. Impressed with Tordoff, he gets better with every race.
Tordoff is still having difficulty with his starts and keeping the tyres working but when the car is going well he does drive very well and being just one place behind Plato in the drivers championship proves it!

I think something needs to be changed with the turbo boost regulations, it's fine to equalise the engines, but it has equalised everything including the drivers and even most of the luck! Winning is now more a game of chance than good performance. Andy has had some good luck, but that will probably mean he can't compete for the rest of the season and will loose his championship lead!

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think 888 still haven't unlocked all the secrets surrounding the TOCA spec parts yet hence the narrow window of getting the 6 working in some conditions.

I agree Tordoff has been improving no end.

Anyway nice win for Rob Austin, can see AJ with one hand on the main title, gonna be a tough job for Plato to catch up with 2 meetings left.

The boost situation I think the Honda's have been running the lowest possible, Eurotech has been developing their Civic's on their own as well as getting updates from TD, I did notice the TD Civic's were running with the splits in the rear windows at Knockhill whereas Eurotech's sole Civic wasn't, at the Rock they all were.

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MG/888 should find a custom team, build two more cars and sell them, share data, just like TD. This way the car can be developed faster.
Don't think it would work like that, they would probably sell the current cars and build new cars for themselves if they could find a buyer and had some more budget.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts