MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Penultimate meeting.

MG should be strong here.

Ciceley Racing to run Mercedes A-Class next season, I wonder if Merc will let them use their name/branding if they chose to use the spec engine instead of a Merc based engine.

Matt Neal breaks a finger yet again.

Live qualifying on http://www.itv.com/btcc/live/ from around 15:40 onwards Saturday 28th September.

Live race day coverage on ITV4/ITV4 HD and itv.com Sunday 29th September, 11:15 - 18:00.

On semi-related note highlights of this years Goodwood Revival are on after the live race day coverage.

Provisional BTCC race times:

Race 1 - 11:57
Race 2 - 14:32
Race 3 - 17:17

·
Registered
319 Posts
Great result for the Tripe 8/MG boys!!! 1-2 Plato-Tordoff only 0.009 between them!! Hopefully will be a good day tomorrow, with the Hondas down the tale end of the grid :D

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Great result for the Tripe 8/MG boys!!! 1-2 Plato-Tordoff only 0.009 between them!! Hopefully will be a good day tomorrow, with the Hondas down the tale end of the grid :D
Plato could be back in with a chance of the title if the races all work out tomorrow!

Then again, maybe next year ay.

·
Registered
11,387 Posts
Matt Neal received an official reprimand and two penalty points for an incident relating to driving standards in race three. The decision has been appealed by MG KX Momentum Racing. The appeal will be heard by MSA stewards at Brands Hatch on Saturday 12 October.
Matt Neal spun Sam off the race track so I would have thought they would be delighted with Neal getting penalty points and a reprimand.

Why are MG appealing it :confused:

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Matt Neal spun Sam off the race track so I would have thought they would be delighted with Neal getting penalty points and a reprimand.

Why are MG appealing it :confused:
They want a stronger penalty probably, anyway from my seat that was down to Tordoff cutting across the front.

Shame MG couldn't capitalise on the wins, nice battle during race 2 between Plato and Jordan.

What happened to Turks in race 3, it looks like he was speared off.

·
Registered
11,387 Posts
anyway from my seat that was down to Tordoff cutting across the front.
Those incidents normally get taken that way so I wasn't expecting Neal to get a penalty but Tordoff was in front and more or less following the racing line and there was no need for Neal to keep his foot to the floor. Turning cars around so that they are heading straight towards a concrete wall is dangerous.

What happened to Turks in race 3, it looks like he was speared off.
Turks wasn't very happy with Jackson interfering with the title battle afterwards:
Mat Jackson received a £500 fine and three penalty points for an incident relating to driving standards in race three.

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Those incidents normally get taken that way so I wasn't expecting Neal to get a penalty but Tordoff was in front and more or less following the racing line and there was no need for Neal to keep his foot to the floor. Turning cars around so that they are heading straight towards a concrete wall is dangerous.
Still though you can't just expect a car to just disappear or go off track when taking the line.

Turks wasn't very happy with Jackson interfering with the title battle afterwards:
Thanks, I guess I'll catch the highlights tomorrow morning on ITV1 to see if there is any reaction from Turks as there was none during the live coverage. A shame though as his title hopes are now out of the window.

·
Registered
11,387 Posts
Thanks, I guess I'll catch the highlights tomorrow morning on ITV1 to see if there is any reaction from Turks as there was none during the live coverage. A shame though as his title hopes are now out of the window.
This was his reaction:
Title contender Colin Turkington said: “It's really frustrating when someone who's not in the championship battle effectively ends mine. It would have been a bit easier to accept if I'd been scrapping with the front four guys and there had been a coming together and I come off worse, but Mat had nothing to gain from the move and that's what is hard to take. I can understand that he didn't mean it, but a bit more sympathy about how delicate my championship situation is would have been good. Although I can mathematically do it the car won't be significantly quicker than everybody else for me to be able to overturn that many points. I'll be fighting back at Brands Hatch, but realistically now my aim is the top three.”
It seems Tordoff wants Matt Neal excluded from the race results, guess it may just be an attempt to help Plato take second or third place in the championship which would also make for good advertising for MG - maintaining last years success.

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This was his reaction:
Thanks, they also interviewed him and included it in the highlights in which he said pretty much the same.

It seems Tordoff wants Matt Neal excluded from the race results, guess it may just be an attempt to help Plato take second or third place in the championship which would also make for good advertising for MG - maintaining last years success.
Yeah but poor sportsmanship as they have already dished out the punishment.

Anyway Plato talking sense regarding boost settings: http://www.touringcartimes.com/2013/10/01/jason-plato-get-rid-of-stupid-boost-adjustments/

·
Registered
11,387 Posts
Yeah but poor sportsmanship as they have already dished out the punishment.
Well the appeal system is part of the regulations and Matt Neal has been pushing some of the regulations a bit far so maybe not poor sportsmanship as long as they don't complain about the result. I doubt they will be successful, but maybe they are doing it to try and get the rules changed for next year? It has certainly been the case this year that the Honda factory team have spun far more cars around on corners than any other team which is definitely not good sportsmanship.

More or less what I said after the last round, equalise the engines but not the drivers or the luck! http://forums.mg-rover.org/showpost.php?p=5922369&postcount=3

1 - 12 of 12 Posts