MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be looking forward to watching and hearing the Super Touring cars roar around again. :)

Belcher's Avensis should be repaired after the barrel roll at Thruxton and hopefully the second Proton will be ready for O. Jackson.

At last they are using the full International track layout this year.

Live qualifying on itv.com from around 15:20 onwards Saturday 7th June.

Live race day coverage on ITV4/ITV4 HD Sunday 8th June, 11:15 - 17:40.

Also live trackside radio available at http://www.btcc.net/live-zone/

Provisional BTCC race times:

Race 1 - 12:17
Race 2 - 14:29
Race 3 - 16:57

Oh and for us ST fans race 2 starts around 16:15, race 1 is on Saturday with no TV coverage but hopefully some highlights during Sunday.

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
LOOKING AT THE RACE ? today it was like follow my leader boarring..plss the cars look very much alike .the last time I went in the seventies where cars looked differant ,

·
Registered
11,387 Posts
LOOKING AT THE RACE ? today it was like follow my leader boarring..plss the cars look very much alike .the last time I went in the seventies where cars looked differant ,
Yes, bit like F1 a few years ago, but the juniors showed them how it's done :lol: Not often you see the safety car off the track :D

·
Registered
11,387 Posts
It was a tad boring today
I think we are going to get more races the same. The equalisation system has made them all far too close in performance for anyone to be able to overtake. It was blamed on the track but although the track didn't help I don't think that was the main issue.

Shame about the super touring cars, didn't get to hear the proper NASP engines except at idle! The Isle of Man TT during the week was much better, lots of proper engines with lots of variety and lots of overtaking - real racing. Different numbers of cylinders and different firing orders in the same race, plus the electric bikes averaging 117mph around the 37 mile mountain course from a standing start. The BTCC and F1 could learn some lessons from that!

·
Registered
11,387 Posts
It seems that the rules have changed and you are no longer allowed to tap another car, doing so is worse than overtaking under the safety car!

As a result, every overtake during yesterdays race has been penalised with points on the race licenses and time penalties to swap the positions back making overtaking pointless!

Penalties
Race One
Hunter Abbott received an official reprimand and two points on his licence for an incident involving Warren Scott
Matt Neal received a 1s time penalty for an incident involving Alain Menu
Race Two
Alain Menu received a 0.4s penalty and three points on his licence for an incident involving Andrew Jordan
Alain Menu received a further two points on his licence and an official reprimand for an incident involving Fabrizio Giovanardi
Fabrizio Giovanardi received an official reprimand and two points on his licence for an incident involving Glynn Geddie
Rob Collard received a 3.5s time penalty after passing Rob Austin under safety car conditions
Race Three
Jason Plato received a 1.5s time penalty for an incident involving Colin Turkington

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Shame about the super touring cars, didn't get to hear the proper NASP engines except at idle! The Isle of Man TT during the week was much better, lots of proper engines with lots of variety and lots of overtaking - real racing. Different numbers of cylinders and different firing orders in the same race, plus the electric bikes averaging 117mph around the 37 mile mountain course from a standing start. The BTCC and F1 could learn some lessons from that!
Yep agree with this. Indeed the TT was awesome this year. Pity Guy Martin was a Bridesmaid again tho'

What a fantastic achievement an electric bike averaging 117 mph. And Mark Higgins breaking the car lap record in a Subaru WRX with an average speed of over 116 mph

1 - 8 of 8 Posts